Memorial surgeons named Fellows
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 28,2010
Husband and wife surgeons Dr. Walter Surowiec, Memorial Hospital at Gulfport cardiothoracic surgeon, and Dr. Kristine Carter, Memorial general surgeon, recently became Fellows of the American College of Surgeons (FACS).
Carter received her bachelor’s degree from Louisiana State University in Baton Rouge and completed her medical degree at LSU in Shreveport. Her general surgery residency was completed at Ochsner Clinic Foundation in New Orleans.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement
- Tommy Robertson indicted on five counts of embezzlement
- BILL CRAWFORD — More jobs, but fewer with jobs, huh?
- ANITA MODAK-TRURAN — Mississippi’s motion picture renaissance
- Despite obstacles, craft beer industry growing
- State's ventures into alt-fuel markets net few jobs
- Watch out for wildlife while driving on roads, highways
- Finding your flexible space — Regus banks on high demand for customizable work spaces
- Miss. children's hospital plans $150 million expansion