Memorial surgeons named Fellows
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 28,2010
Husband and wife surgeons Dr. Walter Surowiec, Memorial Hospital at Gulfport cardiothoracic surgeon, and Dr. Kristine Carter, Memorial general surgeon, recently became Fellows of the American College of Surgeons (FACS).
Carter received her bachelor’s degree from Louisiana State University in Baton Rouge and completed her medical degree at LSU in Shreveport. Her general surgery residency was completed at Ochsner Clinic Foundation in New Orleans.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- Kemper County plant will cost at least another $496M to complete
- Cochran calls on EPA for review of Yazoo Backwater Project
- State Sen. Gandy hospitalized in South America
- Camgian launches Internet of Things product called Egburt
- After string of losses, O'Hara sees himself as Senate 'protest vote'
- Number of requests for general election absentee ballots roughly same as primary
- Former Mississippi First Lady Carroll Waller dies at 87