Miss. gas storage facility to expand
Published: November 29,2010
HOUSTON, Texas — ENSTOR has announced expanded storage capacities at two of its U.S. gas storage facilities: Caledonia in Lowndes County, Mississippi, and Grama Ridge in Lea County, New Mexico.
The high-deliverability, multi-cycle Caledonia facility has increased its maximum certificated working gas capacity from 16.9 Bcf to 22.0 Bcf. That effectively pushes maximum daily withdrawal rates to 550,000 Mcf/day and the maximum injection rate to 558,000 Mcf/day.
Caledonia is connected to Tennessee Gas Pipeline on its 500 Leg in Zone 1, and is located in an area traversed by numerous new and existing interstate pipelines which access the prolific Barnett, Woodford and Haynesville shale production areas. Additionally, this pipeline serves markets in the Northeast, Southeast and Ohio Valley regions. Caledonia is in an excellent location to service electric power generation and natural gas distribution markets, giving customers access to firm and interruptible storage opportunities.
Headquartered in Houston, ENSTOR is an Iberdrola Renewables company and part of the multinational energy giant Iberdrola SA.
Source: BUSINESS WIRE
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Cannabis for the rest of us
- MARTY WISEMAN: The current racial strife and the failure to educate
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- BILL CRAWFORD: Boyce takes hot spot as IHL commissioner
- Planters Bank promotes at 3 locations
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson
- Real Estate Forum panelists: Lenders, investors hungry for deals on residential rentals in Miss., elsewhere
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast