Miss. gas storage facility to expand
Published: November 29,2010
HOUSTON, Texas — ENSTOR has announced expanded storage capacities at two of its U.S. gas storage facilities: Caledonia in Lowndes County, Mississippi, and Grama Ridge in Lea County, New Mexico.
The high-deliverability, multi-cycle Caledonia facility has increased its maximum certificated working gas capacity from 16.9 Bcf to 22.0 Bcf. That effectively pushes maximum daily withdrawal rates to 550,000 Mcf/day and the maximum injection rate to 558,000 Mcf/day.
Caledonia is connected to Tennessee Gas Pipeline on its 500 Leg in Zone 1, and is located in an area traversed by numerous new and existing interstate pipelines which access the prolific Barnett, Woodford and Haynesville shale production areas. Additionally, this pipeline serves markets in the Northeast, Southeast and Ohio Valley regions. Caledonia is in an excellent location to service electric power generation and natural gas distribution markets, giving customers access to firm and interruptible storage opportunities.
Headquartered in Houston, ENSTOR is an Iberdrola Renewables company and part of the multinational energy giant Iberdrola SA.
Source: BUSINESS WIRE
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Judge moves McDaniel's lawsuit challenging loss to Cochran
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- DAVID DALLAS — Mississippi needs one university
- Scientists seeing more invasive trapjaw ants on Coast
- R.J. Allen ranked as fastest-growing company in Mississippi
- Senate election ballot approved as McDaniel's challenge continues
- Trop Greenville ahead of schedule on significant expansion