Olive Branch downtown may get lofts
Published: November 29,2010
OLIVE BRANCH — Developers believe they can bring new life to the Old Town area of Olive Branch by building new loft-style apartments.
The Commercial Appeal reports that CBI Construction Co. has drawn plans and received approval from the Old Towne Design and Review Board to construct two upscale apartments atop a 100-year-old building on Depot Street.
Bettie Puckett, director of the Old Towne Preservation and Development Association, says she hopes the lofts would be a catalyst for more growth.
The downtown area has struggled in recent years as businesses have developed in other parts of the city in fast-growing DeSoto County.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Cannabis for the rest of us
- MARTY WISEMAN: The current racial strife and the failure to educate
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- BILL CRAWFORD: Boyce takes hot spot as IHL commissioner
- Planters Bank promotes at 3 locations
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson
- Real Estate Forum panelists: Lenders, investors hungry for deals on residential rentals in Miss., elsewhere
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast