Olive Branch downtown may get lofts
by Associated Press
Published: November 29,2010
OLIVE BRANCH — Developers believe they can bring new life to the Old Town area of Olive Branch by building new loft-style apartments.
The Commercial Appeal reports that CBI Construction Co. has drawn plans and received approval from the Old Towne Design and Review Board to construct two upscale apartments atop a 100-year-old building on Depot Street.
Bettie Puckett, director of the Old Towne Preservation and Development Association, says she hopes the lofts would be a catalyst for more growth.
The downtown area has struggled in recent years as businesses have developed in other parts of the city in fast-growing DeSoto County.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Justice Department files complaint against tax preparer
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county
- Report: State's emergency care ranks highest in Southeast
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Union-restricting legislation moves forward
- Boyd Gaming reports drop in in-state net revenue