Olive Branch downtown may get lofts
by Associated Press
Published: November 29,2010
OLIVE BRANCH — Developers believe they can bring new life to the Old Town area of Olive Branch by building new loft-style apartments.
The Commercial Appeal reports that CBI Construction Co. has drawn plans and received approval from the Old Towne Design and Review Board to construct two upscale apartments atop a 100-year-old building on Depot Street.
Bettie Puckett, director of the Old Towne Preservation and Development Association, says she hopes the lofts would be a catalyst for more growth.
The downtown area has struggled in recent years as businesses have developed in other parts of the city in fast-growing DeSoto County.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- School superintendent terminated after party funds, travel questions
- Accounting firm finds problems at troubled MDMR
- Hosemann recruiting Realtors to market tax-forfeited property
- Airline announces new service at Oxford
- Davis resigns, turning over mayor's office early
- Woman indicted for Medicaid fraud; faces up to 35 years in prison
- Telepak strikes another branding deal with C Spire
- Report: State's teacher education programs 'mediocre at best'
- C Spire launches new WiFi On app for Android-powered phones