Olive Branch downtown may get lofts
Published: November 29,2010
OLIVE BRANCH — Developers believe they can bring new life to the Old Town area of Olive Branch by building new loft-style apartments.
The Commercial Appeal reports that CBI Construction Co. has drawn plans and received approval from the Old Towne Design and Review Board to construct two upscale apartments atop a 100-year-old building on Depot Street.
Bettie Puckett, director of the Old Towne Preservation and Development Association, says she hopes the lofts would be a catalyst for more growth.
The downtown area has struggled in recent years as businesses have developed in other parts of the city in fast-growing DeSoto County.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Barbour to lead Butler Snow economic development firm
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- Delta State conference brings renowned speakers
- (UPDATE) Judge rules on Google request on attorney general inquiry