Olive Branch downtown may get lofts
Published: November 29,2010
OLIVE BRANCH — Developers believe they can bring new life to the Old Town area of Olive Branch by building new loft-style apartments.
The Commercial Appeal reports that CBI Construction Co. has drawn plans and received approval from the Old Towne Design and Review Board to construct two upscale apartments atop a 100-year-old building on Depot Street.
Bettie Puckett, director of the Old Towne Preservation and Development Association, says she hopes the lofts would be a catalyst for more growth.
The downtown area has struggled in recent years as businesses have developed in other parts of the city in fast-growing DeSoto County.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ford F-150s roll into Mississippi, ahead of the pickup pack
- Irby commits suicide after wife's prison release
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Nissan supplier efforts key to more Miss. output
- MBJ Business Person of the Year: Joe Sanderson Jr.
- UNFOLDING OF A RESCUE — How Sanderson Farms saved Mississippi's PGA tour event
- Entergy plans three solar-power pilot projects
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast