Major storm damage to Starkville, Yazoo City
by Associated Press
Published: November 30,2010
JACKSON — Authorities report major storm damage in the Starkville and Yazoo City areas with downed power lines, uprooted trees and damaged property.
Six people were injured in Attala County when high winds damaged some mobile homes, but the extent of the injuries was not known early Tuesday. The Mississippi Emergency Management Agency said the injured are being treated at a Kosciusko hospital.
In Starkville, home to Mississippi State University, authorities say the heaviest damage was reported in a mobile home park near Starkville High School. Authorities said some of the mobile homes were tossed from their foundations.
Severe thunderstorms moved through much of Mississippi late Monday night, with multiple tornado watches and warnings.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- New boutique hotel to replace Oxford’s Downtown Inn
- Coast city to repay BP grant funding for Ocean Expo
- Eye clinic operator faces Medicaid fraud charges
- Mega-load move could cause traffic issues
- New owners plan cautious change for Highland Village
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- Judge to weigh Hood's credit card issuer lawsuit
- Blue Origin successfully tests BE-3 rocket engine
- Allain to lie in repose at Capital Friday; funeral Saturday in Natchez
- Northrop Grumman begins production of five NATO drones