Major storm damage to Starkville, Yazoo City
JACKSON — Authorities report major storm damage in the Starkville and Yazoo City areas with downed power lines, uprooted trees and damaged property.
Six people were injured in Attala County when high winds damaged some mobile homes, but the extent of the injuries was not known early Tuesday. The Mississippi Emergency Management Agency said the injured are being treated at a Kosciusko hospital.
In Starkville, home to Mississippi State University, authorities say the heaviest damage was reported in a mobile home park near Starkville High School. Authorities said some of the mobile homes were tossed from their foundations.
Severe thunderstorms moved through much of Mississippi late Monday night, with multiple tornado watches and warnings.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- McDaniel files legal arguments as he looks to overturn Cochran loss
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Fitch gives Mississippi Power a negative outlook due to Kemper plant
- UPDATED: Jackson agrees to repay HUD $1.5 million for Farish Street blunders
- Mississippi River mayors announce 'seed money' for waterfront developments
- Payday lender expects clean bill from regulators