Major storm damage to Starkville, Yazoo City
JACKSON — Authorities report major storm damage in the Starkville and Yazoo City areas with downed power lines, uprooted trees and damaged property.
Six people were injured in Attala County when high winds damaged some mobile homes, but the extent of the injuries was not known early Tuesday. The Mississippi Emergency Management Agency said the injured are being treated at a Kosciusko hospital.
In Starkville, home to Mississippi State University, authorities say the heaviest damage was reported in a mobile home park near Starkville High School. Authorities said some of the mobile homes were tossed from their foundations.
Severe thunderstorms moved through much of Mississippi late Monday night, with multiple tornado watches and warnings.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- BankPlus recognized for alternative program to payday lending
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Top 10 finalists chosen for C Spire Conerly Trophy
- Prison-contract task force working in wake of Epps' indictment
- Stricklin: Deer parasites don't affect quality of venison
- Bryant wants free tuition for students with technical diploma