Major storm damage to Starkville, Yazoo City
JACKSON — Authorities report major storm damage in the Starkville and Yazoo City areas with downed power lines, uprooted trees and damaged property.
Six people were injured in Attala County when high winds damaged some mobile homes, but the extent of the injuries was not known early Tuesday. The Mississippi Emergency Management Agency said the injured are being treated at a Kosciusko hospital.
In Starkville, home to Mississippi State University, authorities say the heaviest damage was reported in a mobile home park near Starkville High School. Authorities said some of the mobile homes were tossed from their foundations.
Severe thunderstorms moved through much of Mississippi late Monday night, with multiple tornado watches and warnings.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Kemper County plant will cost at least another $496M to complete
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- Cochran calls on EPA for review of Yazoo Backwater Project
- State Sen. Gandy hospitalized in South America
- Camgian launches Internet of Things product called Egburt
- Former Mississippi First Lady Carroll Waller dies at 87
- Number of requests for general election absentee ballots roughly same as primary
- After string of losses, O'Hara sees himself as Senate 'protest vote'