Major storm damage to Starkville, Yazoo City
JACKSON — Authorities report major storm damage in the Starkville and Yazoo City areas with downed power lines, uprooted trees and damaged property.
Six people were injured in Attala County when high winds damaged some mobile homes, but the extent of the injuries was not known early Tuesday. The Mississippi Emergency Management Agency said the injured are being treated at a Kosciusko hospital.
In Starkville, home to Mississippi State University, authorities say the heaviest damage was reported in a mobile home park near Starkville High School. Authorities said some of the mobile homes were tossed from their foundations.
Severe thunderstorms moved through much of Mississippi late Monday night, with multiple tornado watches and warnings.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Hole-by-hole look at Sanderson Farms Championship course at CCJ
- ‘Little Boogaloo’ Eden Brent happy singing the blues
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal