Alcorn State has new president
by Associated Press
Published: December 1,2010
The Board of Trustees of the State Institutions of Higher Learning announced Tuesday the unanimous decision to hire Christopher Brown for the position.
Alcorn State has been without a permanent leader since George Ross stepped down in February to become president of Central Michigan University. Norris Edney, a longtime ASU faculty member, has been interim president.
Brown currently serves as executive vice president and provost at Fisk University in Nashville. He will begin serving as president of Alcorn State in January.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- PSC unanimously rejects Entergy-ITC proposed merger
- Conservator: Schools had too many employees
- Company mulling plan to build new pipeline
- Omega Protein shifting vessels to Mississippi
- Lost Pizza discovered — Restaurateurs begin franchising
- Study says state sacrificing billions of dollars, 20,000 jobs in refusing Medicaid expansion
- Bankrupt Simply Wheelz chooses prevailing bidder for assets
- Keeping our eye on ... Laurel Donahoo