Alcorn State has new president
Published: December 1,2010
The Board of Trustees of the State Institutions of Higher Learning announced Tuesday the unanimous decision to hire Christopher Brown for the position.
Alcorn State has been without a permanent leader since George Ross stepped down in February to become president of Central Michigan University. Norris Edney, a longtime ASU faculty member, has been interim president.
Brown currently serves as executive vice president and provost at Fisk University in Nashville. He will begin serving as president of Alcorn State in January.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- 'Blue Economy' important for Mississippi's future
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- Hunting deer? There's an app for that