Alcorn State has new president
by Associated Press
Published: December 1,2010
The Board of Trustees of the State Institutions of Higher Learning announced Tuesday the unanimous decision to hire Christopher Brown for the position.
Alcorn State has been without a permanent leader since George Ross stepped down in February to become president of Central Michigan University. Norris Edney, a longtime ASU faculty member, has been interim president.
Brown currently serves as executive vice president and provost at Fisk University in Nashville. He will begin serving as president of Alcorn State in January.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Nullification and interposition
- Court rules in clinic dispute involving St. Dominic, HMA
- Small business owners take picture perfect advantages with Instagram
- Defunct casino to be moved; cost could rise depending on 'crud'
- City, state to hold second sale of tax-forfeited property
- Tenn. company makes unspecified offer to lease hospital
- Undersecretary: 'I understand the frustration' over catfish inspections
- TROTTER: Social security claiming strategies