Jackson State has new president
Published: December 2,2010
The Board of Trustees of the State Institutions of Higher Learning named Meyers to the position Wednesday. She replaces interim president Leslie McLemore, a longtime political science professor appointed when Ronald Mason left the presidency in June to lead the Southern University System based in Baton Rouge, La.
Meyers has more than 30 years of experience in higher education, serving most recently as president of Norfolk State University in Norfolk, Va. Before working at Norfolk State, Meyers was provost and vice chancellor for academic affairs at North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University.
Meyers begins her new job in January.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Drew Brees settles lawsuit alleging investment fraud
- Doctor convicted of using phony church for tax shelter
- Cochran's legal counsel asks Court to toss McDaniel's lawsuit
- Ex-Delta mayor indicted, accused of stealing city property
- Williams-Sonoma expanding, adding nearly 1,000 jobs
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015
- More than half-dozen groups file charter school applications
- Travis retiring as head of Mississippi World Trade Center
- State Rep. Patterson switches from Democrats to GOP