Jackson State has new president
Published: December 2,2010
The Board of Trustees of the State Institutions of Higher Learning named Meyers to the position Wednesday. She replaces interim president Leslie McLemore, a longtime political science professor appointed when Ronald Mason left the presidency in June to lead the Southern University System based in Baton Rouge, La.
Meyers has more than 30 years of experience in higher education, serving most recently as president of Norfolk State University in Norfolk, Va. Before working at Norfolk State, Meyers was provost and vice chancellor for academic affairs at North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University.
Meyers begins her new job in January.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- MBJ Business Woman of the Year Top 10
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- (UPDATED — BREAKING NEWS) American Specialty Alloys won’t locate $1.2B mill in Mississippi
- Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- Meet the MBJ's Businesswoman of the Year — Rosemary Smith, a business hotshot
- State’s Consumer Protection Act key to forcing S&P settlement on bogus bond ratings