Jackson State has new president
by Associated Press
Published: December 2,2010
The Board of Trustees of the State Institutions of Higher Learning named Meyers to the position Wednesday. She replaces interim president Leslie McLemore, a longtime political science professor appointed when Ronald Mason left the presidency in June to lead the Southern University System based in Baton Rouge, La.
Meyers has more than 30 years of experience in higher education, serving most recently as president of Norfolk State University in Norfolk, Va. Before working at Norfolk State, Meyers was provost and vice chancellor for academic affairs at North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University.
Meyers begins her new job in January.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Mississippi Power CEO's departure due to withholding Kemper information from regulators
- Tenn. company makes unspecified offer to lease hospital
- Study says Nissan subsidies total $1.33B; MDA says overestimated
- Renee Flynt made Craftsmen's Guild president
- Small business owners take picture perfect advantages with Instagram
- Defunct casino to be moved; cost could rise depending on 'crud'
- Nullification and interposition
- Undersecretary: 'I understand the frustration' over catfish inspections