Jackson State has new president
Published: December 2,2010
The Board of Trustees of the State Institutions of Higher Learning named Meyers to the position Wednesday. She replaces interim president Leslie McLemore, a longtime political science professor appointed when Ronald Mason left the presidency in June to lead the Southern University System based in Baton Rouge, La.
Meyers has more than 30 years of experience in higher education, serving most recently as president of Norfolk State University in Norfolk, Va. Before working at Norfolk State, Meyers was provost and vice chancellor for academic affairs at North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University.
Meyers begins her new job in January.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- UPDATE — David Watkins says JRA left him in dark about HUD's Farish St. involvement
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- Grain buyer’s bankruptcy could take steep toll on Delta farmers
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Report: Mississippi has worst child poverty rate in U.S.
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Fitch gives Mississippi Power a negative outlook due to Kemper plant
- UPDATED: Jackson agrees to repay HUD $1.5 million for Farish Street blunders