Jackson State has new president
by Associated Press
Published: December 2,2010
The Board of Trustees of the State Institutions of Higher Learning named Meyers to the position Wednesday. She replaces interim president Leslie McLemore, a longtime political science professor appointed when Ronald Mason left the presidency in June to lead the Southern University System based in Baton Rouge, La.
Meyers has more than 30 years of experience in higher education, serving most recently as president of Norfolk State University in Norfolk, Va. Before working at Norfolk State, Meyers was provost and vice chancellor for academic affairs at North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University.
Meyers begins her new job in January.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Counties ‘hoping to get it right’ as they await Tuscaloosa Marine shale boom
- News The Way You Want It!
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software