Jackson State has new president
Published: December 2,2010
The Board of Trustees of the State Institutions of Higher Learning named Meyers to the position Wednesday. She replaces interim president Leslie McLemore, a longtime political science professor appointed when Ronald Mason left the presidency in June to lead the Southern University System based in Baton Rouge, La.
Meyers has more than 30 years of experience in higher education, serving most recently as president of Norfolk State University in Norfolk, Va. Before working at Norfolk State, Meyers was provost and vice chancellor for academic affairs at North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University.
Meyers begins her new job in January.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement
- Attorney McRae challenging Miss. treasurer in GOP primary
- Ecolab reducing Columbus workforce
- Tommy Robertson indicted on five counts of embezzlement
- Judge names receiver for KiOR plant, but tax payment unclear
- State's ventures into alt-fuel markets net few jobs
- Rival plans filed to end Cleveland schools federal oversight
- BILL CRAWFORD — More jobs, but fewer with jobs, huh?
- Choctaws' new hospital nearing completion