Stocks up due to good retail report
Published: December 2,2010
Shares on Wall Street moved higher on Thursday on encouraging reports on November retail sales and hopes that Europe’s financial crisis would be contained, according to the New York Times.
The Dow Jones industrial average was up 99.56 points, or 0.88 percent. The Standard & Poor’s 500-stock index rose 12.49, or 1 percent, while the technology heavy Nasdaq gained 22.70, or 0.89 percent.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015