Stocks up due to good retail report
Published: December 2,2010
Shares on Wall Street moved higher on Thursday on encouraging reports on November retail sales and hopes that Europe’s financial crisis would be contained, according to the New York Times.
The Dow Jones industrial average was up 99.56 points, or 0.88 percent. The Standard & Poor’s 500-stock index rose 12.49, or 1 percent, while the technology heavy Nasdaq gained 22.70, or 0.89 percent.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Just how long can Dan stand?
- BILL CRAWFORD: Dan Jones not the angel he is portrayed to be
- Chancery judge delays JRA bond approval for Jackson's Westin hotel
- KILL BILL: Common Core death knell heads to Gov. Bryant's desk
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Keeping our eye on: Neal Stephens
- Cal-Maine income skyrockets as prices rise and costs shrink
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Business groups file briefs in support of Kemper coal plant rehearing