Stocks up due to good retail report
Published: December 2,2010
Shares on Wall Street moved higher on Thursday on encouraging reports on November retail sales and hopes that Europe’s financial crisis would be contained, according to the New York Times.
The Dow Jones industrial average was up 99.56 points, or 0.88 percent. The Standard & Poor’s 500-stock index rose 12.49, or 1 percent, while the technology heavy Nasdaq gained 22.70, or 0.89 percent.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Circuit clerks question how to get records to McDaniel's trial
- PEDIGREE dog food recalled; might contain metal fragments
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- R.J. Allen ranked as fastest-growing company in Mississippi
- Judicial candidates put on ballot after rejection of challenges
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- MSU receives funding for two proposals aimed at boosting NASA missions
- DAVID DALLAS — Mississippi needs one university