Stocks up due to good retail report
Published: December 2,2010
Shares on Wall Street moved higher on Thursday on encouraging reports on November retail sales and hopes that Europe’s financial crisis would be contained, according to the New York Times.
The Dow Jones industrial average was up 99.56 points, or 0.88 percent. The Standard & Poor’s 500-stock index rose 12.49, or 1 percent, while the technology heavy Nasdaq gained 22.70, or 0.89 percent.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal