White House serving Gulf seafood
Published: December 2,2010
WASHINGTON — It’s a Gulf Christmas at the White House — at least when it comes to food, the Sun Herald reports.
White House Executive Chef Cris Comerford said:
“Since the BP Deepwater Horizon oil spill, consumption of Gulf seafood has dropped, which is why we at the White House are so happy to play our part in reminding Americans that Gulf seafood is not only safe but delicious.”
The White House is serving Gulf shrimp and Florida stone crabs at the many holiday parties the president and first lady are hosting, which started Wednesday for the volunteers who decorated 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue for Christmas.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “White House serving Gulf seafood”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Judge intends to rule on McDaniel's challenge before general election
- Oxford’s FNC getting new headquarters
- QUIRKY? NO, JERKY — Whatever your craving, Beef Jerky Outlets likely has the flavor among 200+ choices
- (UPDATE) I-20 partially closed as vehicle carrying hazardous materials burns
- Coast family wins $644K in tideland lawsuit against state
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- State’s MAGIC accounting system works, albeit with glitches
- Corps official: River needs larger ports, locks and dams
- C Spire, UM installing Wi-Fi network at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium