White House serving Gulf seafood
Published: December 2,2010
WASHINGTON — It’s a Gulf Christmas at the White House — at least when it comes to food, the Sun Herald reports.
White House Executive Chef Cris Comerford said:
“Since the BP Deepwater Horizon oil spill, consumption of Gulf seafood has dropped, which is why we at the White House are so happy to play our part in reminding Americans that Gulf seafood is not only safe but delicious.”
The White House is serving Gulf shrimp and Florida stone crabs at the many holiday parties the president and first lady are hosting, which started Wednesday for the volunteers who decorated 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue for Christmas.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “White House serving Gulf seafood”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Travis retiring as head of Mississippi World Trade Center
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- Court rules board can discipline West Virginia radiologist
- Peavey Electronics reorganizing under new globalization plan
- Drew Brees settles lawsuit alleging investment fraud
- Canadian company purchasing Southern Lumber for nearly $50M
- Legislators begin work on FY2016 state budget