White House serving Gulf seafood
Published: December 2,2010
WASHINGTON — It’s a Gulf Christmas at the White House — at least when it comes to food, the Sun Herald reports.
White House Executive Chef Cris Comerford said:
“Since the BP Deepwater Horizon oil spill, consumption of Gulf seafood has dropped, which is why we at the White House are so happy to play our part in reminding Americans that Gulf seafood is not only safe but delicious.”
The White House is serving Gulf shrimp and Florida stone crabs at the many holiday parties the president and first lady are hosting, which started Wednesday for the volunteers who decorated 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue for Christmas.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “White House serving Gulf seafood”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win
- Healthcare Marketplace to look much the same in 2015