White House serving Gulf seafood
Published: December 2,2010
WASHINGTON — It’s a Gulf Christmas at the White House — at least when it comes to food, the Sun Herald reports.
White House Executive Chef Cris Comerford said:
“Since the BP Deepwater Horizon oil spill, consumption of Gulf seafood has dropped, which is why we at the White House are so happy to play our part in reminding Americans that Gulf seafood is not only safe but delicious.”
The White House is serving Gulf shrimp and Florida stone crabs at the many holiday parties the president and first lady are hosting, which started Wednesday for the volunteers who decorated 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue for Christmas.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “White House serving Gulf seafood”
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- Explosion at Coast fish plant leaves one dead, three injured
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- Former Gov. Musgrove pushing lawsuit to school districts
- Former state lawmaker Green dies at home at age 62
- 'Get on Up' movie premiers in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi