Miss. Children’s Museum hosts first visitors
Published: December 3,2010
JACKSON — The new Mississippi Children’s Museum has received its first visitors – a Rankin County fifth-grade class and local officials.
The Clarion-Ledger reports the museum officially will open to the public on Saturday, but welcomed the visitors Thursday as part of its opening celebration.
Planning for a children’s museum began in 1994. The Junior League of Jackson adopted the project in 2003 and pledged $1 million toward its creation.
The 40,000-square-foot museum sits atop LeFleurs Bluff, near the Museum of Natural Science.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau
- Walker sentenced to 18 months for fraud, conspiracy
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Manning family establishes health care initiative at UMMC
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use
- Communities awarded national Main Street accreditation