Miss. Children’s Museum hosts first visitors
Published: December 3,2010
JACKSON — The new Mississippi Children’s Museum has received its first visitors – a Rankin County fifth-grade class and local officials.
The Clarion-Ledger reports the museum officially will open to the public on Saturday, but welcomed the visitors Thursday as part of its opening celebration.
Planning for a children’s museum began in 1994. The Junior League of Jackson adopted the project in 2003 and pledged $1 million toward its creation.
The 40,000-square-foot museum sits atop LeFleurs Bluff, near the Museum of Natural Science.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Comstock quits Tuscaloosa play on falling prices
- Clinton office complex sold for $20.5 million
- Meadville mayor seeks Sojourner's Senate seat
- Entergy plans three solar-power pilot projects
- PHIL HARDWICK: Characteristics of a good year-end fundraising letter
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Record soybean yield is valued at $1.17 billion
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case