Miss. Children’s Museum hosts first visitors
Published: December 3,2010
JACKSON — The new Mississippi Children’s Museum has received its first visitors – a Rankin County fifth-grade class and local officials.
The Clarion-Ledger reports the museum officially will open to the public on Saturday, but welcomed the visitors Thursday as part of its opening celebration.
Planning for a children’s museum began in 1994. The Junior League of Jackson adopted the project in 2003 and pledged $1 million toward its creation.
The 40,000-square-foot museum sits atop LeFleurs Bluff, near the Museum of Natural Science.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Granddaughter of Barq's Root Beer founder dies at 90
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s transition will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino
- JRA plans image makeover, hires crisis manager