Miss. Children’s Museum hosts first visitors
Published: December 3,2010
JACKSON — The new Mississippi Children’s Museum has received its first visitors – a Rankin County fifth-grade class and local officials.
The Clarion-Ledger reports the museum officially will open to the public on Saturday, but welcomed the visitors Thursday as part of its opening celebration.
Planning for a children’s museum began in 1994. The Junior League of Jackson adopted the project in 2003 and pledged $1 million toward its creation.
The 40,000-square-foot museum sits atop LeFleurs Bluff, near the Museum of Natural Science.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Thousands of acres of Delta farmland to go on auction block
- Former Godwin CEO Danny Mitchell dies at 66
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- Board files suit against VA over release of patients' names
- Gov. Bryant sets special election date for Senate District 17
- Northrop Grumman lands $354M Air Force contract for Global Hawks
- Mississippi sounds coming to Americana Music Festival & Conference
- City trying to determine who has authority to spend gaming money