US unemployment rises
by Associated Press
Published: December 3,2010
NEW YORK — An unexpected rise in the U.S. unemployment rate pushed most stocks down Friday as investors moved money into safer assets.
The unemployment rate climbed to a seven-month high in November as employers added just 39,000 jobs. Economists had expected a gain of 145,000.
The unemployment rate climbed to 9.8 percent from 9.6 percent.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “US unemployment rises”
Top Posts & Pages
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- Lawmakers debating alternative to Medicaid expansion
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- The First acquiring Alabama bank in cash/stock deal
- Todd Smith's Spin Cycle — Not milk! It’s end of era for milk industry’s iconic ‘Got Milk?’ campaign
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- MBJ's Businesswoman of the Year never expected her career to take this path
- Mississippi ag aviation plays a critical role in production and profitability