US unemployment rises
Published: December 3,2010
NEW YORK — An unexpected rise in the U.S. unemployment rate pushed most stocks down Friday as investors moved money into safer assets.
The unemployment rate climbed to a seven-month high in November as employers added just 39,000 jobs. Economists had expected a gain of 145,000.
The unemployment rate climbed to 9.8 percent from 9.6 percent.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “US unemployment rises”
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement
- Ecolab reducing Columbus workforce
- Tommy Robertson indicted on five counts of embezzlement
- State's ventures into alt-fuel markets net few jobs
- BILL CRAWFORD — More jobs, but fewer with jobs, huh?
- Lab owner loses challenge to 40 months in waste case
- ANITA MODAK-TRURAN — Mississippi’s motion picture renaissance
- MSU-CVM professor leads major reference publication
- Watch out for wildlife while driving on roads, highways