MSU adds two fundraisers
by MBJ Staff
Published: December 5,2010
Wesley P. “Wes” Gordon and Perry King “P.K.” Thomas IV recently began fundraising roles with Mississippi State University for the areas of student affairs and engineering, respectively. Gordon, a Columbus native, began his new duties as director of development for the Division of Students Affairs in mid-October. The division is a major university unit responsible for enrollment services, housing, financial aid, health services, student organizations, counseling, police, recreational sports and other student service functions.
A 2004 MSU physical education graduate, Gordon earned a master of science degree in sport administration from the university the following year. Most recently, Gordon was director of development for the University of West Alabama based in Livingston, Ala., where he oversaw the day-to-day operations of the institution’s UWA Foundation.
Also joining Mississippi State as a fundraiser is Thomas, who serves as assistant director of development for the James Worth Bagley College of Engineering. He assists Bennett Evans, the college’s development director, with fundraising activities. He began his official duties Oct. 15.
A Tupelo native, Thomas holds a 2003 communication degree from MSU and earned a master’s in physical education and sport administration in 2008. For the past two years, he resided in Corinth and worked as a district executive for Yocona Area Council of Boy Scouts of America. Prior to that, he served for two years as an admissions counselor for Mississippi State.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Bryant wants free tuition for students with technical diploma
- Prison-contract task force working in wake of Epps' indictment
- Investigators find massive Ag Museum fire was an accident
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful
- BankPlus recognized for alternative program to payday lending