MSU adds two fundraisers
by MBJ Staff
Published: December 5,2010
Wesley P. “Wes” Gordon and Perry King “P.K.” Thomas IV recently began fundraising roles with Mississippi State University for the areas of student affairs and engineering, respectively. Gordon, a Columbus native, began his new duties as director of development for the Division of Students Affairs in mid-October. The division is a major university unit responsible for enrollment services, housing, financial aid, health services, student organizations, counseling, police, recreational sports and other student service functions.
A 2004 MSU physical education graduate, Gordon earned a master of science degree in sport administration from the university the following year. Most recently, Gordon was director of development for the University of West Alabama based in Livingston, Ala., where he oversaw the day-to-day operations of the institution’s UWA Foundation.
Also joining Mississippi State as a fundraiser is Thomas, who serves as assistant director of development for the James Worth Bagley College of Engineering. He assists Bennett Evans, the college’s development director, with fundraising activities. He began his official duties Oct. 15.
A Tupelo native, Thomas holds a 2003 communication degree from MSU and earned a master’s in physical education and sport administration in 2008. For the past two years, he resided in Corinth and worked as a district executive for Yocona Area Council of Boy Scouts of America. Prior to that, he served for two years as an admissions counselor for Mississippi State.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- MBJ Special report: MDA numbers help with cities’ retail pitches
- COO of TL Wallace Construction keeps eye on revenue growth and profits
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- RAISING AWARENESS — Lori Newcomb, family join fight against ovarian cancer
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Isle of Capri reports decreased in-state revenues; experiencing 'market pressures'
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win