USM school names Hall inductees
by MBJ Staff
Published: December 5,2010
Tags: Ace Cleveland, Allan Nation, Frank Buckley, Henry "Hank" Price, James Bates, Jinx Coleman Broussard, Kevin Cooper, Pic Firmin, Teresa Pace Collier, University of Southern Mississippi School of Mass Communication and Journalism
The University of Southern Mississippi School of Mass Communication and Journalism (MCJ) hosted its fourth-annual symposium Nov. 18, which included the induction of 10 distinguished journalists into the Mass Communication and Journalism Hall of Fame.
Three prominent Mississippi journalists will be inducted posthumously: Frank Buckley, former chair of the Southern Miss journalism department; Ace Cleveland, longtime university sports information director; and Pic Firmin, former editor of the Delta Democrat Times and The Sun Herald.
Seven living alumni were inducted: James Bates, who currently works for The Sun Herald in Biloxi; Jinx Coleman Broussard is the William Dickinson Distinguished Professor in the Manship School of Mass Communication at Louisiana State University, and is the owner and president of Jinx Broussard Consulting and Public Relations Inc.; Teresa Pace Collier is director of live operations for Mississippi Public Broadcasting; Kevin Cooper serves as publisher in Natchez and also is a vice president for its parent company, Boone Newspapers Inc. of Tuscaloosa, Ala.; Allan Nation is the editor and publisher of The Stockman Grass Farmer magazine; Henry “Hank” Price is the president and general manager of WXII-TV, the NBC affiliate in Winston-Salem, N.C., and is also senior director of Northwestern University’s Media Management Center in Chicago; and, Randy Swan of WDAM-TV.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- Lawmakers debating alternative to Medicaid expansion
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- The First acquiring Alabama bank in cash/stock deal
- Todd Smith's Spin Cycle — Not milk! It’s end of era for milk industry’s iconic ‘Got Milk?’ campaign
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- MBJ's Businesswoman of the Year never expected her career to take this path
- Mississippi ag aviation plays a critical role in production and profitability