USM school names Hall inductees
by MBJ Staff
Published: December 5,2010
Tags: Ace Cleveland, Allan Nation, Frank Buckley, Henry "Hank" Price, James Bates, Jinx Coleman Broussard, Kevin Cooper, Pic Firmin, Teresa Pace Collier, University of Southern Mississippi School of Mass Communication and Journalism
The University of Southern Mississippi School of Mass Communication and Journalism (MCJ) hosted its fourth-annual symposium Nov. 18, which included the induction of 10 distinguished journalists into the Mass Communication and Journalism Hall of Fame.
Three prominent Mississippi journalists will be inducted posthumously: Frank Buckley, former chair of the Southern Miss journalism department; Ace Cleveland, longtime university sports information director; and Pic Firmin, former editor of the Delta Democrat Times and The Sun Herald.
Seven living alumni were inducted: James Bates, who currently works for The Sun Herald in Biloxi; Jinx Coleman Broussard is the William Dickinson Distinguished Professor in the Manship School of Mass Communication at Louisiana State University, and is the owner and president of Jinx Broussard Consulting and Public Relations Inc.; Teresa Pace Collier is director of live operations for Mississippi Public Broadcasting; Kevin Cooper serves as publisher in Natchez and also is a vice president for its parent company, Boone Newspapers Inc. of Tuscaloosa, Ala.; Allan Nation is the editor and publisher of The Stockman Grass Farmer magazine; Henry “Hank” Price is the president and general manager of WXII-TV, the NBC affiliate in Winston-Salem, N.C., and is also senior director of Northwestern University’s Media Management Center in Chicago; and, Randy Swan of WDAM-TV.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- DAVID DALLAS: Who in the Hell are We?
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- Analysts hail BancorpSouth stock buyback as ‘handsome’ reward for shareholders
- Tanger Outlets involved in Southaven project
- New Mississippi state highway map is available for the public