Boys and Girls Clubs closing
Published: December 6,2010
JACKSON — Boys and Girls Clubs in Canton, Bolton and Magnolia will be closing at the end of the year because of lack of funds.
Boys and Girls Clubs of Central Mississippi president and CEO Billy Redd said in a statement that he knows it will be a hardship for families.
Sunday’s Clarion Ledger reported Redd called the decision “difficult” and said it “had to be made.”
Redd says they are still trying to get long-term funding, but would have to get it by Dec. 31 to stay open.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement
- BILL CRAWFORD — More jobs, but fewer with jobs, huh?
- ANITA MODAK-TRURAN — Mississippi’s motion picture renaissance
- Tommy Robertson indicted on five counts of embezzlement
- Despite obstacles, craft beer industry growing
- Jackson’s Landmark Center slated for mixed-use conversion
- Finding your flexible space — Regus banks on high demand for customizable work spaces
- Miss. children's hospital plans $150 million expansion
- State's ventures into alt-fuel markets net few jobs