Boys and Girls Clubs closing
Published: December 6,2010
JACKSON — Boys and Girls Clubs in Canton, Bolton and Magnolia will be closing at the end of the year because of lack of funds.
Boys and Girls Clubs of Central Mississippi president and CEO Billy Redd said in a statement that he knows it will be a hardship for families.
Sunday’s Clarion Ledger reported Redd called the decision “difficult” and said it “had to be made.”
Redd says they are still trying to get long-term funding, but would have to get it by Dec. 31 to stay open.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- ALAN TURNER: Education in Mississippi – good and bad news
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- Hosemann to launch crowd funding program
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- JOSH MABUS: The Tao of Road House
- Answering the Bell: Interim Ole Miss law school dean well-regarded for directing hands-on clinical training