Boys and Girls Clubs closing
by Associated Press
Published: December 6,2010
JACKSON — Boys and Girls Clubs in Canton, Bolton and Magnolia will be closing at the end of the year because of lack of funds.
Boys and Girls Clubs of Central Mississippi president and CEO Billy Redd said in a statement that he knows it will be a hardship for families.
Sunday’s Clarion Ledger reported Redd called the decision “difficult” and said it “had to be made.”
Redd says they are still trying to get long-term funding, but would have to get it by Dec. 31 to stay open.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- MDA introduces new 'Mississippi Homecoming' tourism ad campaign
- Crowded field lines up for Jackson mayoral election
- Cochran questions nominee concerning Stanford ponzi scheme
- MSU Foundation names five new members
- Another fiberhood qualifies for C Spire 1-gigabit Internet service
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county