Boys and Girls Clubs closing
Published: December 6,2010
JACKSON — Boys and Girls Clubs in Canton, Bolton and Magnolia will be closing at the end of the year because of lack of funds.
Boys and Girls Clubs of Central Mississippi president and CEO Billy Redd said in a statement that he knows it will be a hardship for families.
Sunday’s Clarion Ledger reported Redd called the decision “difficult” and said it “had to be made.”
Redd says they are still trying to get long-term funding, but would have to get it by Dec. 31 to stay open.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Retired judge to hear McDaniel's challenge of primary loss to Cochran
- PSC's Brandon Presley calls in-state nuclear waste dump a 'harebrained scheme'
- Georgia-Pacific completes acquisition of SPG Holdings
- Venture Tech merges with ISC, acquires SAT
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- State's jobless rate remains highest in U.S.
- Former DMR manager pleads guilty to embezzlement
- GOLF ranks state's courses; Fallen Oaks, Dancing Rabbit make top 100
- C Spire, UM installing Wi-Fi network at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium