Boys and Girls Clubs closing
Published: December 6,2010
JACKSON — Boys and Girls Clubs in Canton, Bolton and Magnolia will be closing at the end of the year because of lack of funds.
Boys and Girls Clubs of Central Mississippi president and CEO Billy Redd said in a statement that he knows it will be a hardship for families.
Sunday’s Clarion Ledger reported Redd called the decision “difficult” and said it “had to be made.”
Redd says they are still trying to get long-term funding, but would have to get it by Dec. 31 to stay open.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Granddaughter of Barq's Root Beer founder dies at 90
- Turner Grain’s transition will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino
- JRA plans image makeover, hires crisis manager