Camgian selects communications platform
Published: December 6,2010
Fort Lee, N.J. — ORBCOMM Inc. (Nasdaq: ORBC), a global satellite data communications company focusing on two-way Machine-to-Machine (M2M) communications, today announced that Mississippi’s Camgian Microsystems Corporation has selected ORBCOMM to provide a global communications platform for Quantum, its industrial asset monitoring solution.
Quantum is a wireless industrial operations intelligence platform that supports the seamless integration of local area sensor networks, satellite communications and back-office analytics software for monitoring remote fixed and mobile assets. Using ORBCOMM’s global network ensures that Camgian’s customers will have access to timely and accurate asset intelligence, allowing for enhanced logistics operations and supply chain efficiencies.
An innovator in advanced wireless electronic technologies and solutions for the military and government sectors, Camgian’s partnership with ORBCOMM marks the company’s entrance into the industrial market where it is leveraging Quantum to ensure environmentally safe management and disposal of large volume waste oil products.
ORBCOMM is a leading global satellite data communications company, focused on Machine-to-Machine (M2M) communications. Its customers include Caterpillar Inc., Doosan Infracore America, Hitachi Construction Machinery, Hyundai Heavy Industries.
Camgian Microsystems is a leader in developing advanced electronic technologies and solutions headquartered in Starkville, Miss.
Source: Press release
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Camgian selects communications platform”
Top Posts & Pages
- Barbour to lead Butler Snow economic development firm
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- Delta State conference brings renowned speakers
- (UPDATE) Judge rules on Google request on attorney general inquiry
- Digital Editions - magazines