New Le Bonheur children’s hospital opens
MEMPHIS — Doctors and nurses at Le Bonheur Children’s Hospital on Saturday started moving patients into a new facility that promises to bring technologically advanced medical care to children in the mid-South region.
Le Bonheur officials plan to move 181 patients from the existing hospital to their new facility over the next few days. More than 80 patients were being transported in their hospital beds Saturday, with nurses, doctors and staff accompanying each patient.
The 255-bed, $340 million hospital in Memphis is geared to care for the more than 130,000 sick and injured children who come from within a 250-mile radius each year.
Le Bonheur celebrated the construction of the new building in June. The expansion is expected to enhance Memphis’ status as a center for child medical care. The widely respected St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital is nearby.
A 60-bed emergency department that can handle major trauma cases opened Friday and saw more than 70 patients.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Cannabis for the rest of us
- MARTY WISEMAN: The current racial strife and the failure to educate
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- BILL CRAWFORD: Boyce takes hot spot as IHL commissioner
- Planters Bank promotes at 3 locations
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)
- Real Estate Forum panelists: Lenders, investors hungry for deals on residential rentals in Miss., elsewhere
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur