New Le Bonheur children’s hospital opens
by Associated Press
Published: December 6,2010
MEMPHIS — Doctors and nurses at Le Bonheur Children’s Hospital on Saturday started moving patients into a new facility that promises to bring technologically advanced medical care to children in the mid-South region.
Le Bonheur officials plan to move 181 patients from the existing hospital to their new facility over the next few days. More than 80 patients were being transported in their hospital beds Saturday, with nurses, doctors and staff accompanying each patient.
The 255-bed, $340 million hospital in Memphis is geared to care for the more than 130,000 sick and injured children who come from within a 250-mile radius each year.
Le Bonheur celebrated the construction of the new building in June. The expansion is expected to enhance Memphis’ status as a center for child medical care. The widely respected St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital is nearby.
A 60-bed emergency department that can handle major trauma cases opened Friday and saw more than 70 patients.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- New boutique hotel to replace Oxford’s Downtown Inn
- Eye clinic operator faces Medicaid fraud charges
- Coast city to repay BP grant funding for Ocean Expo
- Mega-load move could cause traffic issues
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- New owners plan cautious change for Highland Village
- Judge to weigh Hood's credit card issuer lawsuit
- Blue Origin successfully tests BE-3 rocket engine
- Allain to lie in repose at Capital Friday; funeral Saturday in Natchez
- Northrop Grumman begins production of five NATO drones