Coast woman arrested again for embezzlement
OCEAN SPRINGS — A Mississippi woman recently accused of embezzling more than $48,500 from a Gulf coast casino is back behind bars, accused of embezzling money from a D’Iberville sporting goods store.
The Sun Herald reports 24-year-old Lisa Nguyen of Ocean Springs had been out of jail on $25,000 bond since her arrest in August, when she was charged with embezzlement while working as the lead hotel clerk at Treasure Bay in Biloxi.
Police Capt. Bruce Dubuisson said Nguyen had taken a job at Dick’s Sporting Goods, where she’s now accused of stealing at least $740.
Nguyen is held at the Harrison County jail.
It was not immediately known whether Nguyen has an attorney.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Justice Department files complaint against tax preparer
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county
- Report: State's emergency care ranks highest in Southeast
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Union-restricting legislation moves forward
- Boyd Gaming reports drop in in-state net revenue