Coast woman arrested again for embezzlement
OCEAN SPRINGS — A Mississippi woman recently accused of embezzling more than $48,500 from a Gulf coast casino is back behind bars, accused of embezzling money from a D’Iberville sporting goods store.
The Sun Herald reports 24-year-old Lisa Nguyen of Ocean Springs had been out of jail on $25,000 bond since her arrest in August, when she was charged with embezzlement while working as the lead hotel clerk at Treasure Bay in Biloxi.
Police Capt. Bruce Dubuisson said Nguyen had taken a job at Dick’s Sporting Goods, where she’s now accused of stealing at least $740.
Nguyen is held at the Harrison County jail.
It was not immediately known whether Nguyen has an attorney.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- A BIG CHANGE: New mortgage rules seen bringing increase in pricey mobile home loans
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Hunting-weapons legislation passes House