Coast woman arrested again for embezzlement
OCEAN SPRINGS — A Mississippi woman recently accused of embezzling more than $48,500 from a Gulf coast casino is back behind bars, accused of embezzling money from a D’Iberville sporting goods store.
The Sun Herald reports 24-year-old Lisa Nguyen of Ocean Springs had been out of jail on $25,000 bond since her arrest in August, when she was charged with embezzlement while working as the lead hotel clerk at Treasure Bay in Biloxi.
Police Capt. Bruce Dubuisson said Nguyen had taken a job at Dick’s Sporting Goods, where she’s now accused of stealing at least $740.
Nguyen is held at the Harrison County jail.
It was not immediately known whether Nguyen has an attorney.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win
- George Flaggs regrets repayment flaw in lending law
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Chefs John Folse and Rick Tramonto are dotting every ‘i’ and crossing every ‘t’ in the development of Seafood R’evolution, which is set to open in November
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force
- PEDIGREE dog food recalled; might contain metal fragments