Coast woman arrested again for embezzlement
OCEAN SPRINGS — A Mississippi woman recently accused of embezzling more than $48,500 from a Gulf coast casino is back behind bars, accused of embezzling money from a D’Iberville sporting goods store.
The Sun Herald reports 24-year-old Lisa Nguyen of Ocean Springs had been out of jail on $25,000 bond since her arrest in August, when she was charged with embezzlement while working as the lead hotel clerk at Treasure Bay in Biloxi.
Police Capt. Bruce Dubuisson said Nguyen had taken a job at Dick’s Sporting Goods, where she’s now accused of stealing at least $740.
Nguyen is held at the Harrison County jail.
It was not immediately known whether Nguyen has an attorney.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- (UPDATED) Making Jackson-Evers affordable to Allegiant is key to regaining Orlando service
- Congressional delegation applauds Air Force's decision on Keesler, but not satisfied
- Great River Industries moving headquarters to Natchez
- The Blues and higher education — Delta State launches the International Delta Blues Project
- County rescinds gun ban; sheriff says lawmakers may 'deal with the consequences'
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- Singing River shutting doors on two Coast clinics
- Report: Mississippi sees biggest hike in home insurance premiums in U.S.