Coast woman arrested again for embezzlement
OCEAN SPRINGS — A Mississippi woman recently accused of embezzling more than $48,500 from a Gulf coast casino is back behind bars, accused of embezzling money from a D’Iberville sporting goods store.
The Sun Herald reports 24-year-old Lisa Nguyen of Ocean Springs had been out of jail on $25,000 bond since her arrest in August, when she was charged with embezzlement while working as the lead hotel clerk at Treasure Bay in Biloxi.
Police Capt. Bruce Dubuisson said Nguyen had taken a job at Dick’s Sporting Goods, where she’s now accused of stealing at least $740.
Nguyen is held at the Harrison County jail.
It was not immediately known whether Nguyen has an attorney.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- JACK WEATHERLY: Finding a house, defending a neighborhood, finding a voice
- Top 40 Under 40
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- MDA to close all its regional offices
- Top 40 Under 40 (digital magazine)