Developer interested in Red Hills EcoPlex
Published: December 8,2010
CHOCTAW COUNTY — The Choctaw County Economic Development District announced an option agreement has been formalized with an unspecified renewable power developer for the purposes of conducting due diligence on the Red Hills EcoPlex site.
Terms were not disclosed.
The development under consideration is for a renewable power plant facility that would utilize biomass (specifically logging waste) as its primary fuel source.
“Development of such a plant would represent a significant capital investment and long term and sustainable job creation for our area,” said Nick Walters, interim executive director of the Choctaw County Economic Development District. “The Red Hills EcoPlex was created to be a catalyst for developing energy alternatives.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- Health officials identify another case of chikungunya virus
- Biloxi council approves $29M contract for baseball stadium construction
- Wasted away — Margaritaville in Biloxi to close by Sept. 19
- Cochran continues to question EPA over new regulations