Developer interested in Red Hills EcoPlex
Published: December 8,2010
CHOCTAW COUNTY — The Choctaw County Economic Development District announced an option agreement has been formalized with an unspecified renewable power developer for the purposes of conducting due diligence on the Red Hills EcoPlex site.
Terms were not disclosed.
The development under consideration is for a renewable power plant facility that would utilize biomass (specifically logging waste) as its primary fuel source.
“Development of such a plant would represent a significant capital investment and long term and sustainable job creation for our area,” said Nick Walters, interim executive director of the Choctaw County Economic Development District. “The Red Hills EcoPlex was created to be a catalyst for developing energy alternatives.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Who in the Hell are We?
- New Mississippi state highway map is available for the public
- Tanger Outlets involved in Southaven project
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Ikea confirms plan for Memphis store
- McCrory joins Epps in asking for trial delay
- Former Lane Furniture plant sold for $1.45 million
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- OUR VIEW: JRA evolving toward transparency? Maybe, maybe not