Developer interested in Red Hills EcoPlex
by Wally Northway
Published: December 8,2010
CHOCTAW COUNTY — The Choctaw County Economic Development District announced an option agreement has been formalized with an unspecified renewable power developer for the purposes of conducting due diligence on the Red Hills EcoPlex site.
Terms were not disclosed.
The development under consideration is for a renewable power plant facility that would utilize biomass (specifically logging waste) as its primary fuel source.
“Development of such a plant would represent a significant capital investment and long term and sustainable job creation for our area,” said Nick Walters, interim executive director of the Choctaw County Economic Development District. “The Red Hills EcoPlex was created to be a catalyst for developing energy alternatives.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Baker Donelson's David A. Rueff Jr. co-authors guide
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects