Developer interested in Red Hills EcoPlex
Published: December 8,2010
CHOCTAW COUNTY — The Choctaw County Economic Development District announced an option agreement has been formalized with an unspecified renewable power developer for the purposes of conducting due diligence on the Red Hills EcoPlex site.
Terms were not disclosed.
The development under consideration is for a renewable power plant facility that would utilize biomass (specifically logging waste) as its primary fuel source.
“Development of such a plant would represent a significant capital investment and long term and sustainable job creation for our area,” said Nick Walters, interim executive director of the Choctaw County Economic Development District. “The Red Hills EcoPlex was created to be a catalyst for developing energy alternatives.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Oxford’s FNC getting new headquarters
- QUIRKY? NO, JERKY — Whatever your craving, Beef Jerky Outlets likely has the flavor among 200+ choices
- Judge intends to rule on McDaniel's challenge before general election
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- (UPDATE) I-20 partially closed as vehicle carrying hazardous materials burns
- Coast family wins $644K in tideland lawsuit against state
- Corps official: River needs larger ports, locks and dams
- C Spire, UM installing Wi-Fi network at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology