Developer interested in Red Hills EcoPlex
Published: December 8,2010
CHOCTAW COUNTY — The Choctaw County Economic Development District announced an option agreement has been formalized with an unspecified renewable power developer for the purposes of conducting due diligence on the Red Hills EcoPlex site.
Terms were not disclosed.
The development under consideration is for a renewable power plant facility that would utilize biomass (specifically logging waste) as its primary fuel source.
“Development of such a plant would represent a significant capital investment and long term and sustainable job creation for our area,” said Nick Walters, interim executive director of the Choctaw County Economic Development District. “The Red Hills EcoPlex was created to be a catalyst for developing energy alternatives.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- Silver Airways ordered to continue service
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- After review, MSU moves forward on new research facility
- Bryant signs controversial abortion ban bill
- SpaceX, Stennis officially open new rocket test stand
- Plans unveiled for large shooting range on Coast