Ergon, Mathy roll out new REVIX product
Published: December 8,2010
JACKSON — Ergon Asphalt and Emulsions Inc. and Mathy Construction Co. of Onalaska, Wis., announced the award of a patented process that allows for the production and placement of conventional hot mix asphalt (HMA) at reduced temperatures of up to 75⁰ F.
This surfactant-enabled patented process, which is compatible with non-modified, polymer modified and PPA containing asphalt binders was co-developed by Mathy Technology & Engineering (MTE) and Paragon Technical Services Inc., and has been trademarked REVIX.
REVIX will be exclusively marketed internationally by MWV Specialty Chemicals Division’s Asphalt Innovations team as MWV EVOTHERM 3G.
EVOTHERM 3G offers many advantages over other WMA processes including significant energy savings and environmental benefits over conventional HMA, according to the two companies.
“We are excited to have teamed up with MWV to market this technology internationally as EVOTHERM 3G,” said Baxter Burns, executive vice president of Ergon. “This patented WMA additive greatly expands and diversifies our existing product portfolio, with readily apparent value to our customers and the infrastructure industry.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Granddaughter of Barq's Root Beer founder dies at 90