Ergon, Mathy roll out new REVIX product
Published: December 8,2010
JACKSON — Ergon Asphalt and Emulsions Inc. and Mathy Construction Co. of Onalaska, Wis., announced the award of a patented process that allows for the production and placement of conventional hot mix asphalt (HMA) at reduced temperatures of up to 75⁰ F.
This surfactant-enabled patented process, which is compatible with non-modified, polymer modified and PPA containing asphalt binders was co-developed by Mathy Technology & Engineering (MTE) and Paragon Technical Services Inc., and has been trademarked REVIX.
REVIX will be exclusively marketed internationally by MWV Specialty Chemicals Division’s Asphalt Innovations team as MWV EVOTHERM 3G.
EVOTHERM 3G offers many advantages over other WMA processes including significant energy savings and environmental benefits over conventional HMA, according to the two companies.
“We are excited to have teamed up with MWV to market this technology internationally as EVOTHERM 3G,” said Baxter Burns, executive vice president of Ergon. “This patented WMA additive greatly expands and diversifies our existing product portfolio, with readily apparent value to our customers and the infrastructure industry.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Tyler Raborn finds success and fulfillment with Raborn Media
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau
- Manning family establishes health care initiative at UMMC
- Walker sentenced to 18 months for fraud, conspiracy
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge