Ergon, Mathy roll out new REVIX product
Published: December 8,2010
JACKSON — Ergon Asphalt and Emulsions Inc. and Mathy Construction Co. of Onalaska, Wis., announced the award of a patented process that allows for the production and placement of conventional hot mix asphalt (HMA) at reduced temperatures of up to 75⁰ F.
This surfactant-enabled patented process, which is compatible with non-modified, polymer modified and PPA containing asphalt binders was co-developed by Mathy Technology & Engineering (MTE) and Paragon Technical Services Inc., and has been trademarked REVIX.
REVIX will be exclusively marketed internationally by MWV Specialty Chemicals Division’s Asphalt Innovations team as MWV EVOTHERM 3G.
EVOTHERM 3G offers many advantages over other WMA processes including significant energy savings and environmental benefits over conventional HMA, according to the two companies.
“We are excited to have teamed up with MWV to market this technology internationally as EVOTHERM 3G,” said Baxter Burns, executive vice president of Ergon. “This patented WMA additive greatly expands and diversifies our existing product portfolio, with readily apparent value to our customers and the infrastructure industry.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Travis retiring as head of Mississippi World Trade Center
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- Drew Brees settles lawsuit alleging investment fraud
- Court rules board can discipline West Virginia radiologist
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Legislators begin work on FY2016 state budget
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015
- Doctor convicted of using phony church for tax shelter