Lincoln Tie & Timber gets new owner
by Associated Press
Published: December 9,2010
LIBERTY — Lincoln Tie & Timber of Brookhaven has acquired the Sam Mabry Lumber Co. in Liberty.
The Enterprise-Journal reports that Lincoln Tie & Timber president Cortez Byrd told Amite County supervisors that he expects to deliver logs to the lumber mill this week and begin cutting the timber to check out the equipment.
Byrd says he expects commercial operations to begin some time after the first of year.
Officials say initial plans call for the mill to employ 15 people and increase to 60 or 70 people once it goes into full operation.
The board of supervisors were told the company will ask for a 10-year tax exemption, which would exempt the company from paying property taxes, except for school taxes.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Family launches Billups Coffee with headquarters in Oxford
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- ‘Just the beginning’ — Venture Technologies merging, acquiring companies
- Man indicted, accused of bankruptcy fraud
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Grenada native Donna Tartt wins Pulitzer Prize for 'The Goldfinch'
- TODD SMITH — Taco Bell and McDonalds take breakfast war viral; how to write killer news releases and more
- Chaney drops lawsuit against National Flood Insurance Program
- Fight between county, insurer over courthouse fire continues
- Judge to rule on release of Kemper power plant data