Lincoln Tie & Timber gets new owner
Published: December 9,2010
LIBERTY — Lincoln Tie & Timber of Brookhaven has acquired the Sam Mabry Lumber Co. in Liberty.
The Enterprise-Journal reports that Lincoln Tie & Timber president Cortez Byrd told Amite County supervisors that he expects to deliver logs to the lumber mill this week and begin cutting the timber to check out the equipment.
Byrd says he expects commercial operations to begin some time after the first of year.
Officials say initial plans call for the mill to employ 15 people and increase to 60 or 70 people once it goes into full operation.
The board of supervisors were told the company will ask for a 10-year tax exemption, which would exempt the company from paying property taxes, except for school taxes.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- BankPlus recognized for alternative program to payday lending
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Top 10 finalists chosen for C Spire Conerly Trophy
- Prison-contract task force working in wake of Epps' indictment
- Stricklin: Deer parasites don't affect quality of venison
- Bryant wants free tuition for students with technical diploma