Lincoln Tie & Timber gets new owner
Published: December 9,2010
LIBERTY — Lincoln Tie & Timber of Brookhaven has acquired the Sam Mabry Lumber Co. in Liberty.
The Enterprise-Journal reports that Lincoln Tie & Timber president Cortez Byrd told Amite County supervisors that he expects to deliver logs to the lumber mill this week and begin cutting the timber to check out the equipment.
Byrd says he expects commercial operations to begin some time after the first of year.
Officials say initial plans call for the mill to employ 15 people and increase to 60 or 70 people once it goes into full operation.
The board of supervisors were told the company will ask for a 10-year tax exemption, which would exempt the company from paying property taxes, except for school taxes.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- (UPDATED) Making Jackson-Evers affordable to Allegiant is key to regaining Orlando service
- Great River Industries moving headquarters to Natchez
- Congressional delegation applauds Air Force's decision on Keesler, but not satisfied
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- The Blues and higher education — Delta State launches the International Delta Blues Project
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- County rescinds gun ban; sheriff says lawmakers may 'deal with the consequences'
- Singing River shutting doors on two Coast clinics
- Former state lawmaker Green dies at home at age 62