Lincoln Tie & Timber gets new owner
Published: December 9,2010
LIBERTY — Lincoln Tie & Timber of Brookhaven has acquired the Sam Mabry Lumber Co. in Liberty.
The Enterprise-Journal reports that Lincoln Tie & Timber president Cortez Byrd told Amite County supervisors that he expects to deliver logs to the lumber mill this week and begin cutting the timber to check out the equipment.
Byrd says he expects commercial operations to begin some time after the first of year.
Officials say initial plans call for the mill to employ 15 people and increase to 60 or 70 people once it goes into full operation.
The board of supervisors were told the company will ask for a 10-year tax exemption, which would exempt the company from paying property taxes, except for school taxes.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mississippi no longer has highest unemployment rate in nation
- McDaniel cites Gunn's challenge in his attempt to overturn loss to Cochran
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- Grain buyer’s bankruptcy could take steep toll on Delta farmers
- Once the bane of only Southerners, kudzu is migrating north and west
- UPDATE — David Watkins says JRA left him in dark about HUD's Farish St. involvement
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- SouthGroup Insurance named to 'Best Practices' study
- Senators push for protecting steel producers from imported rebar