Lincoln Tie & Timber gets new owner
by Associated Press
Published: December 9,2010
LIBERTY — Lincoln Tie & Timber of Brookhaven has acquired the Sam Mabry Lumber Co. in Liberty.
The Enterprise-Journal reports that Lincoln Tie & Timber president Cortez Byrd told Amite County supervisors that he expects to deliver logs to the lumber mill this week and begin cutting the timber to check out the equipment.
Byrd says he expects commercial operations to begin some time after the first of year.
Officials say initial plans call for the mill to employ 15 people and increase to 60 or 70 people once it goes into full operation.
The board of supervisors were told the company will ask for a 10-year tax exemption, which would exempt the company from paying property taxes, except for school taxes.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Education officials changing school rating system
- Gulf LNG terminal mulling export opportunities
- Historic COFO building demolished due to structural problems
- Capital City voters to elect new mayor in runoff
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- New shareholders named for Copeland, Cook, Taylor and Bush
- MSU's Gilbert named finalist for Austin Peay presidency
- Communities vie for TVA sustainability designation
- American HealthTech passes Medicare tests
- First Corolla earmarked for export rolls off of Toyota's line