Mainland captures core from Buena Vista well
JEFFERSON COUNTY — Mainland Resources Inc. of Houston, Texas, reports it has captured a 21-foot full core of the Haynesville Shale from the 60-foot cored interval at its Burkley-Phillips #1 well on the Buena Vista prospect located in Jefferson County.
Nick Atencio, CEO of Mainland, said, “This is a great milestone for Mainland. This may be one of the very few cores taken from the Haynesville in Mississippi at this depth and pressure and we are pleased with the amount of core recovered. The data extracted from this core can have material implications with respect to prospectivity within our acreage and can possibly shape the industry’s perspective of the Haynesville Shale in Mississippi.”
The well is currently at a depth of 20,471 feet, and Mainland said it would promptly resume drilling. The core will be transported to the Houston, Texas, facilities of Core Lab Petroleum Services to initiate a comprehensive core analysis.
Mainland reports it is currently drilling ahead of schedule, and anticipates it will reach the programmed depth of 22,000 feet in early Jan. 2011.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- MBJ Special report: MDA numbers help with cities’ retail pitches
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- COO of TL Wallace Construction keeps eye on revenue growth and profits
- RAISING AWARENESS — Lori Newcomb, family join fight against ovarian cancer
- Isle of Capri reports decreased in-state revenues; experiencing 'market pressures'
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- DREAMS AND OYSTERS — Houstons set for August opening of Saltine in Fondren