Mainland captures core from Buena Vista well
JEFFERSON COUNTY — Mainland Resources Inc. of Houston, Texas, reports it has captured a 21-foot full core of the Haynesville Shale from the 60-foot cored interval at its Burkley-Phillips #1 well on the Buena Vista prospect located in Jefferson County.
Nick Atencio, CEO of Mainland, said, “This is a great milestone for Mainland. This may be one of the very few cores taken from the Haynesville in Mississippi at this depth and pressure and we are pleased with the amount of core recovered. The data extracted from this core can have material implications with respect to prospectivity within our acreage and can possibly shape the industry’s perspective of the Haynesville Shale in Mississippi.”
The well is currently at a depth of 20,471 feet, and Mainland said it would promptly resume drilling. The core will be transported to the Houston, Texas, facilities of Core Lab Petroleum Services to initiate a comprehensive core analysis.
Mainland reports it is currently drilling ahead of schedule, and anticipates it will reach the programmed depth of 22,000 feet in early Jan. 2011.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- 'Get on Up' movie premiers in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet
- Bryant protests immigrant children being housed in state
- Gunn, Reeves introduce performance-based budget plan
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge