Mainland captures core from Buena Vista well
JEFFERSON COUNTY — Mainland Resources Inc. of Houston, Texas, reports it has captured a 21-foot full core of the Haynesville Shale from the 60-foot cored interval at its Burkley-Phillips #1 well on the Buena Vista prospect located in Jefferson County.
Nick Atencio, CEO of Mainland, said, “This is a great milestone for Mainland. This may be one of the very few cores taken from the Haynesville in Mississippi at this depth and pressure and we are pleased with the amount of core recovered. The data extracted from this core can have material implications with respect to prospectivity within our acreage and can possibly shape the industry’s perspective of the Haynesville Shale in Mississippi.”
The well is currently at a depth of 20,471 feet, and Mainland said it would promptly resume drilling. The core will be transported to the Houston, Texas, facilities of Core Lab Petroleum Services to initiate a comprehensive core analysis.
Mainland reports it is currently drilling ahead of schedule, and anticipates it will reach the programmed depth of 22,000 feet in early Jan. 2011.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mississippi no longer has highest unemployment rate in nation
- McDaniel cites Gunn's challenge in his attempt to overturn loss to Cochran
- Grain buyer’s bankruptcy could take steep toll on Delta farmers
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- UPDATE — David Watkins says JRA left him in dark about HUD's Farish St. involvement
- Once the bane of only Southerners, kudzu is migrating north and west
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- SouthGroup Insurance named to 'Best Practices' study
- Senators push for protecting steel producers from imported rebar