Mainland captures core from Buena Vista well
JEFFERSON COUNTY — Mainland Resources Inc. of Houston, Texas, reports it has captured a 21-foot full core of the Haynesville Shale from the 60-foot cored interval at its Burkley-Phillips #1 well on the Buena Vista prospect located in Jefferson County.
Nick Atencio, CEO of Mainland, said, “This is a great milestone for Mainland. This may be one of the very few cores taken from the Haynesville in Mississippi at this depth and pressure and we are pleased with the amount of core recovered. The data extracted from this core can have material implications with respect to prospectivity within our acreage and can possibly shape the industry’s perspective of the Haynesville Shale in Mississippi.”
The well is currently at a depth of 20,471 feet, and Mainland said it would promptly resume drilling. The core will be transported to the Houston, Texas, facilities of Core Lab Petroleum Services to initiate a comprehensive core analysis.
Mainland reports it is currently drilling ahead of schedule, and anticipates it will reach the programmed depth of 22,000 feet in early Jan. 2011.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- Tallahatchie General’s listing on auditor’s ‘watchline’ an image set back, CEO says
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Kelly Boutwell added, Jason Word promoted at MEC
- Ex-city worker arrested on false pretense charge
- Cotton to take center stage during MSU summit
- BRENT CHRISTENSEN — Entrepreneurs: A vital fuel for Mississippi’s Economy