PSC commissioner Posey changes parties
JACKSON — Central District Public Service commissioner Lynn Posey yesterday announced his switching of his party affiliation from the Democratic Party to the Mississippi Republican Party.
In making his announcement, Posey said…”the Democratic Party’s continued swing to the left has left me so out of sync with the party that I feel I must switch to the Republican Party whose philosophy is more in line with my own and the majority of the people of the Central District.
Posey was elected to the Mississippi Public Service Commission to represent the Central District in 2007. Prior to that, he served in the Mississippi State Senate from 1988-2007.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- 2014 a good year for filmmaking in Mississippi
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- PHIL HARDWICK: When Bill Cooley talks, people listen
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- MBJ Business Woman of the Year Top 10
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- Meet the MBJ's Businesswoman of the Year — Rosemary Smith, a business hotshot