PSC commissioner Posey changes parties
JACKSON — Central District Public Service commissioner Lynn Posey yesterday announced his switching of his party affiliation from the Democratic Party to the Mississippi Republican Party.
In making his announcement, Posey said…”the Democratic Party’s continued swing to the left has left me so out of sync with the party that I feel I must switch to the Republican Party whose philosophy is more in line with my own and the majority of the people of the Central District.
Posey was elected to the Mississippi Public Service Commission to represent the Central District in 2007. Prior to that, he served in the Mississippi State Senate from 1988-2007.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday