PSC commissioner Posey changes parties
JACKSON — Central District Public Service commissioner Lynn Posey yesterday announced his switching of his party affiliation from the Democratic Party to the Mississippi Republican Party.
In making his announcement, Posey said…”the Democratic Party’s continued swing to the left has left me so out of sync with the party that I feel I must switch to the Republican Party whose philosophy is more in line with my own and the majority of the people of the Central District.
Posey was elected to the Mississippi Public Service Commission to represent the Central District in 2007. Prior to that, he served in the Mississippi State Senate from 1988-2007.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Judge gets more time to fight efforts to remove him from office
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- Coast cleanup nets 1,600 bags of trash — and a watermelon patch
- State's bad bridges continue to raise concerns among officials
- Number of visitors to Natchez Trace makes big jump
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- Epidemiologist: State's hospitals can identify, isolate Ebola cases
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics