PSC commissioner Posey changes parties
JACKSON — Central District Public Service commissioner Lynn Posey yesterday announced his switching of his party affiliation from the Democratic Party to the Mississippi Republican Party.
In making his announcement, Posey said…”the Democratic Party’s continued swing to the left has left me so out of sync with the party that I feel I must switch to the Republican Party whose philosophy is more in line with my own and the majority of the people of the Central District.
Posey was elected to the Mississippi Public Service Commission to represent the Central District in 2007. Prior to that, he served in the Mississippi State Senate from 1988-2007.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Regions must pay $7.5 million in fines over illegal overdraft fees
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings attorney Alan Perry takes office as IHL board president
- DAVID DALLAS: Getting a grip on LGBT issues
- Governor signs fracking bill as database comes under scrutiny
- Irby commits suicide after wife's prison release
- Locker doors opening for Clinton inventor after ‘Shark Tank’