PSC commissioner Posey changes parties
JACKSON — Central District Public Service commissioner Lynn Posey yesterday announced his switching of his party affiliation from the Democratic Party to the Mississippi Republican Party.
In making his announcement, Posey said…”the Democratic Party’s continued swing to the left has left me so out of sync with the party that I feel I must switch to the Republican Party whose philosophy is more in line with my own and the majority of the people of the Central District.
Posey was elected to the Mississippi Public Service Commission to represent the Central District in 2007. Prior to that, he served in the Mississippi State Senate from 1988-2007.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- UPDATED: House subcommittee tosses discrimination elements from religious freedom bill
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- Quapaw Canoe Company gains legislative support in battle with tax department
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute
- The link between education and economic development
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- Expeditors working out logistics to open Jackson office next month