Anderson looking to buy cross-town Riley
Published: December 10,2010
MERIDIAN — Anderson Regional Medical Center in Meridian has taken a step toward purchasing nearby Riley Hospital by filing a letter of intent with the Mississippi State Department of Health.
The Meridian Star said the letter was filed Dec. 1.
Anderson Regional said in a statement that negotiations are underway “but no formal agreement has been reached at this time.”
The Department of Health would have to sign off on the deal.
Anderson Regional has 260 rooms and a 26-bed intensive care unit. Riley Hospital is a 140-bed facility.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Travis retiring as head of Mississippi World Trade Center
- Drew Brees settles lawsuit alleging investment fraud
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- Court rules board can discipline West Virginia radiologist
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Legislators begin work on FY2016 state budget
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015
- Doctor convicted of using phony church for tax shelter