Anderson looking to buy cross-town Riley
Published: December 10,2010
MERIDIAN — Anderson Regional Medical Center in Meridian has taken a step toward purchasing nearby Riley Hospital by filing a letter of intent with the Mississippi State Department of Health.
The Meridian Star said the letter was filed Dec. 1.
Anderson Regional said in a statement that negotiations are underway “but no formal agreement has been reached at this time.”
The Department of Health would have to sign off on the deal.
Anderson Regional has 260 rooms and a 26-bed intensive care unit. Riley Hospital is a 140-bed facility.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- 'Blue Economy' important for Mississippi's future
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option