Anderson looking to buy cross-town Riley
Published: December 10,2010
MERIDIAN — Anderson Regional Medical Center in Meridian has taken a step toward purchasing nearby Riley Hospital by filing a letter of intent with the Mississippi State Department of Health.
The Meridian Star said the letter was filed Dec. 1.
Anderson Regional said in a statement that negotiations are underway “but no formal agreement has been reached at this time.”
The Department of Health would have to sign off on the deal.
Anderson Regional has 260 rooms and a 26-bed intensive care unit. Riley Hospital is a 140-bed facility.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- Kemper County plant will cost at least another $496M to complete
- Cochran calls on EPA for review of Yazoo Backwater Project
- State Sen. Gandy hospitalized in South America
- Camgian launches Internet of Things product called Egburt
- Number of requests for general election absentee ballots roughly same as primary
- Former Mississippi First Lady Carroll Waller dies at 87
- After string of losses, O'Hara sees himself as Senate 'protest vote'