Anderson looking to buy cross-town Riley
Published: December 10,2010
MERIDIAN — Anderson Regional Medical Center in Meridian has taken a step toward purchasing nearby Riley Hospital by filing a letter of intent with the Mississippi State Department of Health.
The Meridian Star said the letter was filed Dec. 1.
Anderson Regional said in a statement that negotiations are underway “but no formal agreement has been reached at this time.”
The Department of Health would have to sign off on the deal.
Anderson Regional has 260 rooms and a 26-bed intensive care unit. Riley Hospital is a 140-bed facility.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement
- Tommy Robertson indicted on five counts of embezzlement
- BILL CRAWFORD — More jobs, but fewer with jobs, huh?
- Despite obstacles, craft beer industry growing
- ANITA MODAK-TRURAN — Mississippi’s motion picture renaissance
- Finding your flexible space — Regus banks on high demand for customizable work spaces
- Watch out for wildlife while driving on roads, highways
- Miss. children's hospital plans $150 million expansion
- State's ventures into alt-fuel markets net few jobs