Anderson looking to buy cross-town Riley
Published: December 10,2010
MERIDIAN — Anderson Regional Medical Center in Meridian has taken a step toward purchasing nearby Riley Hospital by filing a letter of intent with the Mississippi State Department of Health.
The Meridian Star said the letter was filed Dec. 1.
Anderson Regional said in a statement that negotiations are underway “but no formal agreement has been reached at this time.”
The Department of Health would have to sign off on the deal.
Anderson Regional has 260 rooms and a 26-bed intensive care unit. Riley Hospital is a 140-bed facility.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015