Ground broken for new Highland hospital
Published: December 10,2010
PICAYUNE — On Dec. 8, representatives from Forrest General Hospital, Highland Community Hospital, Roy Anderson Corporation and Forrest and Pearl River counties participated in a groundbreaking ceremony for the new Highland Community Hospital in Picayune.
In May 2006, Forrest General purchased what was then Crosby Memorial Hospital, renaming it Highland Community Hospital.
Site work has already been completed and construction is scheduled this month.
The new hospital will be located on Mississippi 11 in Picayune on a 31-acre parcel of land, 20 of which was donated by Carle Cooper of Picayune. Design of the hospital was and will continue to be a joint effort between hospital administration, the medical and hospital staff and Roy Anderson Corporation.
In addition to the hospital, two new physician office buildings will be constructed on the site with one to be completed in the summer of 2011 and the second to be completed on the same timeline as the new hospital facility, which is April 2012.
The new Highland Community Hospital will be located at Highland Commons, a planned unit development consisting of approximately 300 acres.
According to Cooper Company, who is developing the property, about half of Highland Commons will be residential, including single-family homes and condos, and the remainder of the property will be commercial and office-professional, including a multi-use town center.
The new hospital will provide an expanded Emergency Room and more space for obstetrical care, surgery and other procedures as well as additional diagnostic and x-ray technology.
Phase one of the new hospital will initially feature 60 inpatient beds and a modern layout designed to accommodate the latest trends in health care. Highland’s outpatient services will also expand greatly to meet the needs of the growing local population.
It is projected that the first patients will be seen in the new facility beginning in July 2012.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring