Tropicana sells Horizon to Nevada company
by Associated Press
Published: December 10,2010
VICKSBURG — Tropicana Entertainment Inc. says it has sold its Horizon Vicksburg Casino in Mississippi, subject to regulatory approval.
The riverboat casino has 382 slot machines and a 117-room hotel.
Tropicana, controlled by investor Carl Icahn, will sell the casino for $3.25 million plus the assumption of certain liabilities.
The buyer is Delta Investments & Development, LLC, a Nevada-incorporated company, whose investors include J. Michael Caldwell of Gateway Gaming in Piedmont, S.C., and Steven Haynes of Tangent Gaming, LLC, in New York.
Horizon opened in Nov. 1993 as Harrah’s. Columbia Sussex bought the casino in 2003 and renamed it Horizon. Tropicana acquired the casino in January.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- MDA introduces new 'Mississippi Homecoming' tourism ad campaign
- MSU Foundation names five new members
- Crowded field lines up for Jackson mayoral election
- Another fiberhood qualifies for C Spire 1-gigabit Internet service
- Cochran questions nominee concerning Stanford ponzi scheme
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county