Tropicana sells Horizon to Nevada company
Published: December 10,2010
VICKSBURG — Tropicana Entertainment Inc. says it has sold its Horizon Vicksburg Casino in Mississippi, subject to regulatory approval.
The riverboat casino has 382 slot machines and a 117-room hotel.
Tropicana, controlled by investor Carl Icahn, will sell the casino for $3.25 million plus the assumption of certain liabilities.
The buyer is Delta Investments & Development, LLC, a Nevada-incorporated company, whose investors include J. Michael Caldwell of Gateway Gaming in Piedmont, S.C., and Steven Haynes of Tangent Gaming, LLC, in New York.
Horizon opened in Nov. 1993 as Harrah’s. Columbia Sussex bought the casino in 2003 and renamed it Horizon. Tropicana acquired the casino in January.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Drew Brees settles lawsuit alleging investment fraud
- Doctor convicted of using phony church for tax shelter
- Ex-Delta mayor indicted, accused of stealing city property
- Williams-Sonoma expanding, adding nearly 1,000 jobs
- Cochran's legal counsel asks Court to toss McDaniel's lawsuit
- Ex-baliff wants pay or her job back after termination
- More than half-dozen groups file charter school applications
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015
- State Rep. Patterson switches from Democrats to GOP