Tropicana sells Horizon to Nevada company
Published: December 10,2010
VICKSBURG — Tropicana Entertainment Inc. says it has sold its Horizon Vicksburg Casino in Mississippi, subject to regulatory approval.
The riverboat casino has 382 slot machines and a 117-room hotel.
Tropicana, controlled by investor Carl Icahn, will sell the casino for $3.25 million plus the assumption of certain liabilities.
The buyer is Delta Investments & Development, LLC, a Nevada-incorporated company, whose investors include J. Michael Caldwell of Gateway Gaming in Piedmont, S.C., and Steven Haynes of Tangent Gaming, LLC, in New York.
Horizon opened in Nov. 1993 as Harrah’s. Columbia Sussex bought the casino in 2003 and renamed it Horizon. Tropicana acquired the casino in January.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- Planters Bank promotes at 3 locations
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- TRANSITION AT THE MDA — Is Mississippi better off than it was 3 years ago?
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- PHIL HARDWICK: The third grade reading gate, book buddies and school principals
- Baker Donelson recognized