Tropicana sells Horizon to Nevada company
Published: December 10,2010
VICKSBURG — Tropicana Entertainment Inc. says it has sold its Horizon Vicksburg Casino in Mississippi, subject to regulatory approval.
The riverboat casino has 382 slot machines and a 117-room hotel.
Tropicana, controlled by investor Carl Icahn, will sell the casino for $3.25 million plus the assumption of certain liabilities.
The buyer is Delta Investments & Development, LLC, a Nevada-incorporated company, whose investors include J. Michael Caldwell of Gateway Gaming in Piedmont, S.C., and Steven Haynes of Tangent Gaming, LLC, in New York.
Horizon opened in Nov. 1993 as Harrah’s. Columbia Sussex bought the casino in 2003 and renamed it Horizon. Tropicana acquired the casino in January.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- 2014 a good year for filmmaking in Mississippi
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- PHIL HARDWICK: When Bill Cooley talks, people listen
- MBJ Business Woman of the Year Top 10
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- Meet the MBJ's Businesswoman of the Year — Rosemary Smith, a business hotshot