Tropicana sells Horizon to Nevada company
Published: December 10,2010
VICKSBURG — Tropicana Entertainment Inc. says it has sold its Horizon Vicksburg Casino in Mississippi, subject to regulatory approval.
The riverboat casino has 382 slot machines and a 117-room hotel.
Tropicana, controlled by investor Carl Icahn, will sell the casino for $3.25 million plus the assumption of certain liabilities.
The buyer is Delta Investments & Development, LLC, a Nevada-incorporated company, whose investors include J. Michael Caldwell of Gateway Gaming in Piedmont, S.C., and Steven Haynes of Tangent Gaming, LLC, in New York.
Horizon opened in Nov. 1993 as Harrah’s. Columbia Sussex bought the casino in 2003 and renamed it Horizon. Tropicana acquired the casino in January.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Former Godwin CEO Danny Mitchell dies at 66
- Northrop Grumman lands $354M Air Force contract for Global Hawks
- MDOT: Work on I-269 is on schedule, several phases at halfway point
- More school districts join MAEP lawsuit brought by Musgrove
- Thousands of acres of Delta farmland to go on auction block
- BLAKE WILSON: Danny Mitchell was a remarkable business leader, a better friend
- Court tosses challenge to Miss. Silicon’s clean air permit
- S&P: State in top 10 in U.S. in sales tax dependency