Keeping our eye on: Matt Mahan
Education: B.A. marketing, Mississippi State University
Current Position: District manager, Dollar General
Mahan is a native Arkansan but says he spent most of his life growing up in Tupelo.
After earning an associate of arts degree from Itawamba Community College, Mahan attended Mississippi State University where he bartended at the Cotton District Grill, and was an active member of the American Marketing Association.
Mahan began his retail career at Wal-Mart Stores Inc. as an assistant manager for the Starkville store. He spent three years as district manager for the Southern market, overseeing an $800-million budget and a workforce of 3,000.
Today, Mahan lives in Kosciusko with his wife, Morgan. He is an active member of the Mississippi State Alumni Association, First Baptist Church Kosciusko and Trinity Lodge #88. He enjoys volunteering, MSU game days and relaxing at home.
First job ever: Bus boy at Vanelli’s in Tupelo
Mississippi’s best kept secret: Our state parks
Must have Mississippi food: Fried catfish
Favorite Hangout: Cotton District Grill, Starkville
Favorite Television Show: Anything involving football
Favorite Movie: “Point Break”
Favorite Band: 311
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Ridgeland property rights tussle is expected to have wide impact
- Host families prepare for Mississippi Braves’ season
- JOSH MABUS — Mississippi’s Healthcare: Not a quality problem, a marketing problem
- Mississippi takes an incentives licking, keeps on ticking
- Investors in Northbrook complex say Ridgeland targeting its own collateral for demolition
- AWAITING ITS FATE: Gables complex may have to shrink to meet law
- HUNTER ARNOLD: Mississippi, Gulf Coast states focus on global business markets
- PHIL HARDWICK: When will Mississippi change its culture?
- Mississippi furniture makers on rebound with more exports