Keeping our eye on: Matt Mahan
Education: B.A. marketing, Mississippi State University
Current Position: District manager, Dollar General
Mahan is a native Arkansan but says he spent most of his life growing up in Tupelo.
After earning an associate of arts degree from Itawamba Community College, Mahan attended Mississippi State University where he bartended at the Cotton District Grill, and was an active member of the American Marketing Association.
Mahan began his retail career at Wal-Mart Stores Inc. as an assistant manager for the Starkville store. He spent three years as district manager for the Southern market, overseeing an $800-million budget and a workforce of 3,000.
Today, Mahan lives in Kosciusko with his wife, Morgan. He is an active member of the Mississippi State Alumni Association, First Baptist Church Kosciusko and Trinity Lodge #88. He enjoys volunteering, MSU game days and relaxing at home.
First job ever: Bus boy at Vanelli’s in Tupelo
Mississippi’s best kept secret: Our state parks
Must have Mississippi food: Fried catfish
Favorite Hangout: Cotton District Grill, Starkville
Favorite Television Show: Anything involving football
Favorite Movie: “Point Break”
Favorite Band: 311
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Giles Ward will not seek reelection to Senate
- Congressional delegation applauds Air Force's decision on Keesler, but not satisfied
- Report: Mississippi sees biggest hike in home insurance premiums in U.S.
- Businessman involved in Frankel insurance scam dies at 81
- (UPDATED) Making Jackson-Evers affordable to Allegiant is key to regaining Orlando service
- County rescinds gun ban; sheriff says lawmakers may 'deal with the consequences'
- Commission to decide if emergency should be declared in Delta school system
- Ex-state employee gets jail time for embezzling from school
- Leadership in Law nomination form
- MDOT study: State's airports generate $2.5B-plus in economic activity