Keeping our eye on: Matt Mahan
Education: B.A. marketing, Mississippi State University
Current Position: District manager, Dollar General
Mahan is a native Arkansan but says he spent most of his life growing up in Tupelo.
After earning an associate of arts degree from Itawamba Community College, Mahan attended Mississippi State University where he bartended at the Cotton District Grill, and was an active member of the American Marketing Association.
Mahan began his retail career at Wal-Mart Stores Inc. as an assistant manager for the Starkville store. He spent three years as district manager for the Southern market, overseeing an $800-million budget and a workforce of 3,000.
Today, Mahan lives in Kosciusko with his wife, Morgan. He is an active member of the Mississippi State Alumni Association, First Baptist Church Kosciusko and Trinity Lodge #88. He enjoys volunteering, MSU game days and relaxing at home.
First job ever: Bus boy at Vanelli’s in Tupelo
Mississippi’s best kept secret: Our state parks
Must have Mississippi food: Fried catfish
Favorite Hangout: Cotton District Grill, Starkville
Favorite Television Show: Anything involving football
Favorite Movie: “Point Break”
Favorite Band: 311
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal