MSBA elects board, honors Chamblee
by MBJ Staff
Published: December 12,2010
Oxford school board member Marian Barksdale is the new president of the Mississippi School Boards Association (MSBA) for the 2010-11 school year.
The Delegates Assembly, convening during the MSBA Fall Leadership Conference, also elected Laurel board president Miranda Beard as vice president and New Albany board member Bobby Gault as MSBA secretary-treasurer.
Six board members also were elected to two-year terms: Tommie Cardin, Clinton Schools; Thomas Stephen Conner, Quitman Schools; William Kinard Jr., Coahoma County Schools; Patricia Stennett, Hancock County Schools; James Stubbs, Long Beach Schools; and, Demetric Warren, Hollandale Schools.
In a separate item, the Mississippi School Boards Association’s Second Annual Board Member of the Year Award was presented to Paul Chamblee, president of the Leake County School Board and former MSBA president. The names of 24 board members from across the state were submitted to MSBA for consideration as Board Member of the Year.
Chamblee has been a member of the Leake County School Board since 1993, serving as its president since 1994. He also is a member of the Leake County Chamber of Commerce, where he formerly served as an officer.
At the state level, Chamblee has been a member of the MSBA board of directors since 1996, and was elected secretary-treasurer and vice president of the association before becoming MSBA president in 2005. He has represented MSBA on committees of the National School Boards Association and the NSBA Southern Region as well as at NSBA’s Leadership Conference and Federal Relations Networking conferences.
Employed as district manager for the Mississippi Farm Bureau Federation, Chamblee and his wife, Peggy, have two
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Regions must pay $7.5 million in fines over illegal overdraft fees
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings attorney Alan Perry takes office as IHL board president
- DAVID DALLAS: Getting a grip on LGBT issues
- Governor signs fracking bill as database comes under scrutiny
- Irby commits suicide after wife's prison release
- Locker doors opening for Clinton inventor after ‘Shark Tank’