Ex-Hancock Bank staffers doing time for stealing
Published: December 13,2010
OCEAN SPRINGS — Two former employees of Hancock Bank’s main branch in Ocean Springs are now in the minimum-security sections of prisons in Florida, each serving an 8 1/2 year sentence for their roles in a multimillion-dollar embezzlement scheme.
The Sun Herald reports Margaret Migues, former branch operations manager, is at Coleman Federal Correctional Complex about 50 miles northwest of Orlando.
Willie Doris Burney, a former teller, is at the Federal Correctional Institution in Marianna, Fla.
In October, a federal judge sentenced the women to jail time and three years of post-release supervision, and ordered them to pay $3.4 million in restitution.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- MDOT: Work on I-269 is on schedule, several phases at halfway point
- Margaritaville owner files for bankruptcy before landlord hearing
- Delta Council says condition of Highway 6 'of crisis dimensions'
- Severstal completes the sale of Columbus plant to Steel Dynamics
- Another marker going up on Mississippi Country Music Trail
- Researchers fly drone into hurricane for the first time
- House votes for transfer of Yellow Creek Port land to state
- City leaders vote against offering insurance to one adult, possibly same-sex partner