SoS releases list of special election qualifiers
Published: December 13,2010
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — The qualifying deadline for candidates running in the Jan. 11 special election was today Dec. 10 for the following races State Senate, District 6 (U.S. Rep. Alan Nunelee’s old seat), State House of Representatives, District 116 (Steven Palazzo’s old seat) and Northern District Transportation Commissioner (the late Bill Minor’s seat).
The State Board of Election Commissioners will meet tomorrow to determine if the candidates meet the qualifications to be placed on the ballot.
The qualifying candidates for State Senate, District 6 are: Melony Armstrong of Tupelo; Mike Bryan of Tupelo; Nancy Adams Collins of Tupelo; Jonny Davis of Tupelo; Stacy D. Scott of Sherman; and, Doug Wright of Saltillo.
The qualifying candidates for State House of Representatives, District 116 are: Jim Atchison of Biloxi; Travis Burke of D’Iberville; Jamie Creel of Biloxi; Todd Echelberry of D’Iberville; Casey Eure of Biloxi; Jess Hogue of Biloxi; Quentin Lyles of D’Iberville; and, Chuck Stein of Biloxi
The qualifying candidates for Northern District Transportation Commissioner are: John M.M. Caldwell Sr. of Nesbit; Dennis Grisham of Dumas; Joey Hood of Marietta; Larry Lee of Grenada; Warner McBride of Courtland; Ray Minor Holly Springs; and, Mike Tagert of Starkville.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- Planters Bank promotes at 3 locations
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- TRANSITION AT THE MDA — Is Mississippi better off than it was 3 years ago?
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- PHIL HARDWICK: The third grade reading gate, book buddies and school principals
- Baker Donelson recognized