SoS releases list of special election qualifiers
Published: December 13,2010
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — The qualifying deadline for candidates running in the Jan. 11 special election was today Dec. 10 for the following races State Senate, District 6 (U.S. Rep. Alan Nunelee’s old seat), State House of Representatives, District 116 (Steven Palazzo’s old seat) and Northern District Transportation Commissioner (the late Bill Minor’s seat).
The State Board of Election Commissioners will meet tomorrow to determine if the candidates meet the qualifications to be placed on the ballot.
The qualifying candidates for State Senate, District 6 are: Melony Armstrong of Tupelo; Mike Bryan of Tupelo; Nancy Adams Collins of Tupelo; Jonny Davis of Tupelo; Stacy D. Scott of Sherman; and, Doug Wright of Saltillo.
The qualifying candidates for State House of Representatives, District 116 are: Jim Atchison of Biloxi; Travis Burke of D’Iberville; Jamie Creel of Biloxi; Todd Echelberry of D’Iberville; Casey Eure of Biloxi; Jess Hogue of Biloxi; Quentin Lyles of D’Iberville; and, Chuck Stein of Biloxi
The qualifying candidates for Northern District Transportation Commissioner are: John M.M. Caldwell Sr. of Nesbit; Dennis Grisham of Dumas; Joey Hood of Marietta; Larry Lee of Grenada; Warner McBride of Courtland; Ray Minor Holly Springs; and, Mike Tagert of Starkville.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- A BIG CHANGE: New mortgage rules seen bringing increase in pricey mobile home loans
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful
- Hunting-weapons legislation passes House