SoS releases list of special election qualifiers
Published: December 13,2010
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — The qualifying deadline for candidates running in the Jan. 11 special election was today Dec. 10 for the following races State Senate, District 6 (U.S. Rep. Alan Nunelee’s old seat), State House of Representatives, District 116 (Steven Palazzo’s old seat) and Northern District Transportation Commissioner (the late Bill Minor’s seat).
The State Board of Election Commissioners will meet tomorrow to determine if the candidates meet the qualifications to be placed on the ballot.
The qualifying candidates for State Senate, District 6 are: Melony Armstrong of Tupelo; Mike Bryan of Tupelo; Nancy Adams Collins of Tupelo; Jonny Davis of Tupelo; Stacy D. Scott of Sherman; and, Doug Wright of Saltillo.
The qualifying candidates for State House of Representatives, District 116 are: Jim Atchison of Biloxi; Travis Burke of D’Iberville; Jamie Creel of Biloxi; Todd Echelberry of D’Iberville; Casey Eure of Biloxi; Jess Hogue of Biloxi; Quentin Lyles of D’Iberville; and, Chuck Stein of Biloxi
The qualifying candidates for Northern District Transportation Commissioner are: John M.M. Caldwell Sr. of Nesbit; Dennis Grisham of Dumas; Joey Hood of Marietta; Larry Lee of Grenada; Warner McBride of Courtland; Ray Minor Holly Springs; and, Mike Tagert of Starkville.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015