SoS releases list of special election qualifiers
by Wally Northway
Published: December 13,2010
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — The qualifying deadline for candidates running in the Jan. 11 special election was today Dec. 10 for the following races State Senate, District 6 (U.S. Rep. Alan Nunelee’s old seat), State House of Representatives, District 116 (Steven Palazzo’s old seat) and Northern District Transportation Commissioner (the late Bill Minor’s seat).
The State Board of Election Commissioners will meet tomorrow to determine if the candidates meet the qualifications to be placed on the ballot.
The qualifying candidates for State Senate, District 6 are: Melony Armstrong of Tupelo; Mike Bryan of Tupelo; Nancy Adams Collins of Tupelo; Jonny Davis of Tupelo; Stacy D. Scott of Sherman; and, Doug Wright of Saltillo.
The qualifying candidates for State House of Representatives, District 116 are: Jim Atchison of Biloxi; Travis Burke of D’Iberville; Jamie Creel of Biloxi; Todd Echelberry of D’Iberville; Casey Eure of Biloxi; Jess Hogue of Biloxi; Quentin Lyles of D’Iberville; and, Chuck Stein of Biloxi
The qualifying candidates for Northern District Transportation Commissioner are: John M.M. Caldwell Sr. of Nesbit; Dennis Grisham of Dumas; Joey Hood of Marietta; Larry Lee of Grenada; Warner McBride of Courtland; Ray Minor Holly Springs; and, Mike Tagert of Starkville.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- Lawmakers debating alternative to Medicaid expansion
- The First acquiring Alabama bank in cash/stock deal
- Todd Smith's Spin Cycle — Not milk! It’s end of era for milk industry’s iconic ‘Got Milk?’ campaign
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- MBJ's Businesswoman of the Year never expected her career to take this path
- Mississippi ag aviation plays a critical role in production and profitability