Zayo expanding fiber-to-the-tower network
NORTHWEST MISSISSIPPI — Zayo Group, a Colorado-based provider of bandwidth infrastructure and carrier neutral colocation services, is augmenting and extending its Memphis fiber-to-the-tower (FTT) network into North Mississippi.
The cost of the project was not disclosed.
Zayo will be upgrading its current fiber-to-the-tower network in Memphis and extending the network into North Mississippi, including Southaven and Olive Branch. The network upgrade is to support higher capacity Ethernet services in order to meet customer needs.
This deployment adds 34 new cell sites to the region and brings the number of on-net buildings in Tennessee and Mississippi to 493.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- McDaniel delays decision on whether to appeal dismissal of lawsuit
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- More than a dozen school districts sue state over funding
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force