Zayo expanding fiber-to-the-tower network
NORTHWEST MISSISSIPPI — Zayo Group, a Colorado-based provider of bandwidth infrastructure and carrier neutral colocation services, is augmenting and extending its Memphis fiber-to-the-tower (FTT) network into North Mississippi.
The cost of the project was not disclosed.
Zayo will be upgrading its current fiber-to-the-tower network in Memphis and extending the network into North Mississippi, including Southaven and Olive Branch. The network upgrade is to support higher capacity Ethernet services in order to meet customer needs.
This deployment adds 34 new cell sites to the region and brings the number of on-net buildings in Tennessee and Mississippi to 493.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- Silver Airways ordered to continue service
- After review, MSU moves forward on new research facility
- SpaceX, Stennis officially open new rocket test stand
- Acco Brands investing $1.6M, adding 162 workers
- Gulf LNG terminal mulling export opportunities