Zayo expanding fiber-to-the-tower network
NORTHWEST MISSISSIPPI — Zayo Group, a Colorado-based provider of bandwidth infrastructure and carrier neutral colocation services, is augmenting and extending its Memphis fiber-to-the-tower (FTT) network into North Mississippi.
The cost of the project was not disclosed.
Zayo will be upgrading its current fiber-to-the-tower network in Memphis and extending the network into North Mississippi, including Southaven and Olive Branch. The network upgrade is to support higher capacity Ethernet services in order to meet customer needs.
This deployment adds 34 new cell sites to the region and brings the number of on-net buildings in Tennessee and Mississippi to 493.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal