Chevron petitions for permit modification
PASCAGOULA — The Chevron Products Company has filed an application with the Department of Marine Resources (DMR) requesting permission to conduct regulated activities under the provision of the Coastal Wetlands Protection Law Act, Title 49, Chapter 27, Mississippi Code of 1972.
Chevron is proposing to modify Permit No. DMR-080666 to fill 2.3 acres in addition to the previously permitted 69.99 acres for a total of 72.29 acres of low-quality wetlands; dredge 5.3 acres of waterbottoms in addition to the previously permitted 6.9 acres to a depth of 45 feet below mean lower low water for a total of 12.2 acres; remove approximately 260,000 cubic yards of material in addition to the previously permitted 140,000 cubic yards of material for a total of approximately 400,000 cubic yards of material to be dredged; construct approximately 45,792 square feet of overwater structures in place of the previously permitted 35,396 square feet; remove approximately 17,780 square feet of overwater structures; and, place 17 mooring dolphins in Bayou Casotte for the purpose of upgrading and expanding their facilities.
The dredged material will be placed in an approved beneficial use site, offshore disposal site or upland location.
Mitigation credits will be obtained from the Rhodes Lake Mitigation Area as authorized by U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Permit No. SAM-2008-780-MBM.
The project is located on Bayou Casotte in Pascagoula.
Anyone wishing to make comments or objections to the proposed regulated activity must submit those comments in writing to the Department of Marine Resources at 1141 Bayview Ave., Biloxi, MS 39530 and the Office of Pollution Control, P.O. Box 2261, Jackson, MS 39225-2261 before 1 p.m. Jan. 7, 2011.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- R.J. Allen ranked as fastest-growing company in Mississippi
- Circuit clerks question how to get records to McDaniel's trial
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- PEDIGREE dog food recalled; might contain metal fragments
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- DAVID DALLAS — Mississippi needs one university
- Senate election ballot approved as McDaniel's challenge continues
- Judge moves McDaniel's lawsuit challenging loss to Cochran