Chevron petitions for permit modification
PASCAGOULA — The Chevron Products Company has filed an application with the Department of Marine Resources (DMR) requesting permission to conduct regulated activities under the provision of the Coastal Wetlands Protection Law Act, Title 49, Chapter 27, Mississippi Code of 1972.
Chevron is proposing to modify Permit No. DMR-080666 to fill 2.3 acres in addition to the previously permitted 69.99 acres for a total of 72.29 acres of low-quality wetlands; dredge 5.3 acres of waterbottoms in addition to the previously permitted 6.9 acres to a depth of 45 feet below mean lower low water for a total of 12.2 acres; remove approximately 260,000 cubic yards of material in addition to the previously permitted 140,000 cubic yards of material for a total of approximately 400,000 cubic yards of material to be dredged; construct approximately 45,792 square feet of overwater structures in place of the previously permitted 35,396 square feet; remove approximately 17,780 square feet of overwater structures; and, place 17 mooring dolphins in Bayou Casotte for the purpose of upgrading and expanding their facilities.
The dredged material will be placed in an approved beneficial use site, offshore disposal site or upland location.
Mitigation credits will be obtained from the Rhodes Lake Mitigation Area as authorized by U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Permit No. SAM-2008-780-MBM.
The project is located on Bayou Casotte in Pascagoula.
Anyone wishing to make comments or objections to the proposed regulated activity must submit those comments in writing to the Department of Marine Resources at 1141 Bayview Ave., Biloxi, MS 39530 and the Office of Pollution Control, P.O. Box 2261, Jackson, MS 39225-2261 before 1 p.m. Jan. 7, 2011.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics