City mulling parking garage on the Square
OXFORD — Anyone who’s ventured into downtown Oxford after a University of Mississippi game knows parking is scarce on the Square.
Mayor George “Pat” Patterson says local officials are now studying the possibility of building a parking garage.
Officials say such a facility could alleviate the parking shortages that peak on Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights.
Patterson tells the [ITAL]Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal[ITAL] a committee of downtown business owners, workers and residents will study possible locations, impacts, designs and financing for a parking garage.
Financing would likely be one of the main issues for building a parking garage. Patterson says taxes won’t be raised to pay for it.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- New Mississippi state highway map is available for the public
- DAVID DALLAS: Who in the Hell are We?
- Tanger Outlets involved in Southaven project
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Ikea confirms plan for Memphis store
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- McCrory joins Epps in asking for trial delay
- Former Lane Furniture plant sold for $1.45 million