City mulling parking garage on the Square
OXFORD — Anyone who’s ventured into downtown Oxford after a University of Mississippi game knows parking is scarce on the Square.
Mayor George “Pat” Patterson says local officials are now studying the possibility of building a parking garage.
Officials say such a facility could alleviate the parking shortages that peak on Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights.
Patterson tells the [ITAL]Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal[ITAL] a committee of downtown business owners, workers and residents will study possible locations, impacts, designs and financing for a parking garage.
Financing would likely be one of the main issues for building a parking garage. Patterson says taxes won’t be raised to pay for it.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- MBJ Special report: MDA numbers help with cities’ retail pitches
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- COO of TL Wallace Construction keeps eye on revenue growth and profits