City mulling parking garage on the Square
OXFORD — Anyone who’s ventured into downtown Oxford after a University of Mississippi game knows parking is scarce on the Square.
Mayor George “Pat” Patterson says local officials are now studying the possibility of building a parking garage.
Officials say such a facility could alleviate the parking shortages that peak on Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights.
Patterson tells the [ITAL]Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal[ITAL] a committee of downtown business owners, workers and residents will study possible locations, impacts, designs and financing for a parking garage.
Financing would likely be one of the main issues for building a parking garage. Patterson says taxes won’t be raised to pay for it.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015