City mulling parking garage on the Square
OXFORD — Anyone who’s ventured into downtown Oxford after a University of Mississippi game knows parking is scarce on the Square.
Mayor George “Pat” Patterson says local officials are now studying the possibility of building a parking garage.
Officials say such a facility could alleviate the parking shortages that peak on Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights.
Patterson tells the [ITAL]Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal[ITAL] a committee of downtown business owners, workers and residents will study possible locations, impacts, designs and financing for a parking garage.
Financing would likely be one of the main issues for building a parking garage. Patterson says taxes won’t be raised to pay for it.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- With no interim, board begins hunt for MVSU president
- LNG facility hoping to begin exporting natural gas
- Ex-Northwest Rankin coach David Coates dies before drug trial
- The link between education and economic development
- Supervisors to talk with trustees about selling hospital
- WOODS: Time to put gloves on for handgrabbing