City mulling parking garage on the Square
OXFORD — Anyone who’s ventured into downtown Oxford after a University of Mississippi game knows parking is scarce on the Square.
Mayor George “Pat” Patterson says local officials are now studying the possibility of building a parking garage.
Officials say such a facility could alleviate the parking shortages that peak on Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights.
Patterson tells the [ITAL]Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal[ITAL] a committee of downtown business owners, workers and residents will study possible locations, impacts, designs and financing for a parking garage.
Financing would likely be one of the main issues for building a parking garage. Patterson says taxes won’t be raised to pay for it.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Fair cabins becoming more valuable, sources say
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Tyler Raborn finds success and fulfillment with Raborn Media
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau