Sanderson sets new annual sales record of $1.9B
LAUREL — Sanderson Farms Inc. saw net sales for the fourth quarter of fiscal 2010 of $529.1 million, compared with $469 million for the same period a year ago
For the quarter, the company reported net income of $47.8 million, or $2.08 per share, compared with $19.8 million, or $0.95 per share for the fourth quarter of fiscal 2009.
Net sales for fiscal 2010 were $1.9 billion, a new record, compared with $1.8 billion for fiscal 2009. Net income for the year totaled $134.8 million, or $6.07 per share, compared with $82.3 million, or $3.94 per share, for last year.
“The fourth quarter of fiscal 2010 marked a strong finish to a successful year for Sanderson Farms,” said Joe F. Sanderson Jr., chairman and CEO of Sanderson Farms.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal