Sanderson sets new annual sales record of $1.9B
LAUREL — Sanderson Farms Inc. saw net sales for the fourth quarter of fiscal 2010 of $529.1 million, compared with $469 million for the same period a year ago
For the quarter, the company reported net income of $47.8 million, or $2.08 per share, compared with $19.8 million, or $0.95 per share for the fourth quarter of fiscal 2009.
Net sales for fiscal 2010 were $1.9 billion, a new record, compared with $1.8 billion for fiscal 2009. Net income for the year totaled $134.8 million, or $6.07 per share, compared with $82.3 million, or $3.94 per share, for last year.
“The fourth quarter of fiscal 2010 marked a strong finish to a successful year for Sanderson Farms,” said Joe F. Sanderson Jr., chairman and CEO of Sanderson Farms.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- UPDATED: Jackson agrees to repay HUD $1.5 million for Farish Street blunders
- Gov. Bryant intervening in same-sex couple's divorce
- Vicksburg mayor marries during lunch break
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- Mississippi River mayors announce 'seed money' for waterfront developments
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- City leaders vote against offering insurance to one adult, possibly same-sex partner
- McDaniel files legal arguments as he looks to overturn Cochran loss