Sanderson sets new annual sales record of $1.9B
LAUREL — Sanderson Farms Inc. saw net sales for the fourth quarter of fiscal 2010 of $529.1 million, compared with $469 million for the same period a year ago
For the quarter, the company reported net income of $47.8 million, or $2.08 per share, compared with $19.8 million, or $0.95 per share for the fourth quarter of fiscal 2009.
Net sales for fiscal 2010 were $1.9 billion, a new record, compared with $1.8 billion for fiscal 2009. Net income for the year totaled $134.8 million, or $6.07 per share, compared with $82.3 million, or $3.94 per share, for last year.
“The fourth quarter of fiscal 2010 marked a strong finish to a successful year for Sanderson Farms,” said Joe F. Sanderson Jr., chairman and CEO of Sanderson Farms.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- JACK WEATHERLY: Finding a house, defending a neighborhood, finding a voice
- Top 40 Under 40
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- MDA to close all its regional offices
- Top 40 Under 40 (digital magazine)