Edgewater Mall adds store, another expanding
MCCOMB — An official says two business developments at Edgewater Mall are good economic signs for the community.
Recently, The Children’s Place store opened in the space formerly occupied by The Sound Shop, which closed earlier this year. And, The Shoe Dept. will more than double in size from its current occupancy with a project to be completed by March.
Craig Haskins of Commercial Developers Inc., which owns and operates the mall, tells the Enterprise-Journal the expansion is good news for the community. Haskins says retailers are having to lease and fill existing vacancies, because very few new retail properties are being constructed at this time.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal