Edgewater Mall adds store, another expanding
MCCOMB — An official says two business developments at Edgewater Mall are good economic signs for the community.
Recently, The Children’s Place store opened in the space formerly occupied by The Sound Shop, which closed earlier this year. And, The Shoe Dept. will more than double in size from its current occupancy with a project to be completed by March.
Craig Haskins of Commercial Developers Inc., which owns and operates the mall, tells the Enterprise-Journal the expansion is good news for the community. Haskins says retailers are having to lease and fill existing vacancies, because very few new retail properties are being constructed at this time.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- More than a dozen school districts sue state over funding
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- McDaniel delays decision on whether to appeal dismissal of lawsuit
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force