Edgewater Mall adds store, another expanding
MCCOMB — An official says two business developments at Edgewater Mall are good economic signs for the community.
Recently, The Children’s Place store opened in the space formerly occupied by The Sound Shop, which closed earlier this year. And, The Shoe Dept. will more than double in size from its current occupancy with a project to be completed by March.
Craig Haskins of Commercial Developers Inc., which owns and operates the mall, tells the Enterprise-Journal the expansion is good news for the community. Haskins says retailers are having to lease and fill existing vacancies, because very few new retail properties are being constructed at this time.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- JACK WEATHERLY: Finding a house, defending a neighborhood, finding a voice
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- Report ranks state schools' performance 51st in the nation
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- Hosemann to launch crowd funding program
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast