Edgewater Mall adds store, another expanding
MCCOMB — An official says two business developments at Edgewater Mall are good economic signs for the community.
Recently, The Children’s Place store opened in the space formerly occupied by The Sound Shop, which closed earlier this year. And, The Shoe Dept. will more than double in size from its current occupancy with a project to be completed by March.
Craig Haskins of Commercial Developers Inc., which owns and operates the mall, tells the Enterprise-Journal the expansion is good news for the community. Haskins says retailers are having to lease and fill existing vacancies, because very few new retail properties are being constructed at this time.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Stabenow, Cochran brace for full Senate vote on Farm Bill
- Counties ‘hoping to get it right’ as they await Tuscaloosa Marine shale boom
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Ex-Northwest Rankin coach David Coates dies before drug trial
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Keeping Our Eye On Nathan McNeill
- PSC’s Mississippi Power probe continues as regulators mull next move
- OUR VIEW: USM makes right call by calling off tornado relief campaign
- WILLOUGHBY: Rubinsky grows First Class Linen from ground up