Soladigm secures new financing from investors
OLIVE BRANCH — Soladigm has secured $30 million in Series C equity financing, and combined with previously announced manufacturing financing and other arrangements from the State of Mississippi will allow Soladigm to build and launch high-volume commercial operations and develop sales and marketing channels.
Soladigm, developer of Dynamic Glass, is based in Milpitas, Calif. Last August, the company announced it was locating a manufacturing facility in Olive Branch.
The Series C equity funding, led by DBL Investors and Nano Dimension, includes GE Energy Financial Services as well as existing investors Khosla Ventures and Sigma Partners. Concurrent with the financing, Cynthia Ringo, managing partner at DBL Investors, joined Soladigm’s Board of Directors.
Last month, GE selected Soladigm as one of 12 business partners for investment and commercial partnerships through its “ecomagination Challenge”, a $200-million challenge for entrepreneurs, innovators and students to share their best ideas on how to build the next-generation power grid. This investment by GE Energy Financial Services is part of that program.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement
- Tommy Robertson indicted on five counts of embezzlement
- BILL CRAWFORD — More jobs, but fewer with jobs, huh?
- Despite obstacles, craft beer industry growing
- ANITA MODAK-TRURAN — Mississippi’s motion picture renaissance
- Finding your flexible space — Regus banks on high demand for customizable work spaces
- Watch out for wildlife while driving on roads, highways
- Miss. children's hospital plans $150 million expansion
- State's ventures into alt-fuel markets net few jobs