Soladigm secures new financing from investors
OLIVE BRANCH — Soladigm has secured $30 million in Series C equity financing, and combined with previously announced manufacturing financing and other arrangements from the State of Mississippi will allow Soladigm to build and launch high-volume commercial operations and develop sales and marketing channels.
Soladigm, developer of Dynamic Glass, is based in Milpitas, Calif. Last August, the company announced it was locating a manufacturing facility in Olive Branch.
The Series C equity funding, led by DBL Investors and Nano Dimension, includes GE Energy Financial Services as well as existing investors Khosla Ventures and Sigma Partners. Concurrent with the financing, Cynthia Ringo, managing partner at DBL Investors, joined Soladigm’s Board of Directors.
Last month, GE selected Soladigm as one of 12 business partners for investment and commercial partnerships through its “ecomagination Challenge”, a $200-million challenge for entrepreneurs, innovators and students to share their best ideas on how to build the next-generation power grid. This investment by GE Energy Financial Services is part of that program.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- 2014 a good year for filmmaking in Mississippi
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game