Graham promoted to president of MGCCC
PERKINSTON — The trustees of Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College (MGCCC) have unanimously named Dr. Mary S. Graham as the 12th president to lead the college. Her appointment becomes effective July 1, 2011.
After serving as president since 1998, Dr. Willis H. Lott announced earlier this year his retirement, effective June 30, 2011.
A native of Mississippi, Graham earned her Ph.D. in higher education administration from the University of Southern Mississippi (USM), her master’s and bachelor’s degrees are from USM, as well. According to MGCCC, Graham has experience in master planning, leadership development, budget management, credit and noncredit instruction, public relations, legislative advocacy, human resources, residential student life, athletic and marching band programs.
Graham says, “I am honored to be the next president of Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College and will strive to fulfill the commitment of making a positive difference in people’s lives every day. I look forward to working with the great employees of the college and to leading our world-class institution.”
Since beginning her career in 1987 on the Jackson County Campus of MGCCC, she has held several administrative positions within the college including director of admissions/registrar, director of institutional relations and vice president of community campus. She also served as the vice president of the Perkinston Campus for the past 13 years.
Lott said, “I asked the board to look for the best president that this institution has ever had so that the great work we have begun will continue. I believe that the board of trustees has named the right person in Dr. Mary Graham.”
Graham is married to Wayne Graham, and they have three children — Sarah, Michael and Anna.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Counties ‘hoping to get it right’ as they await Tuscaloosa Marine shale boom
- News The Way You Want It!
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software