No injuries reported from fire at Northrop shipyard
PASCAGOULA — Northrop Grumman Corp. says no one was injured when a fire broke out at its Pascagoula shipyard.
The company says the blaze occurred about 7:35 a.m. today and was extinguished by emergency personnel. Northrop Grumman says the area remains evacuated as the cause is investigated.
Company spokesman Bill Glenn told The Mississippi Press that the fire occurred on land and not on a ship. The yard is a major military shipbuilding facility.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- Explosion at Coast fish plant leaves one dead, three injured
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- Former Gov. Musgrove pushing lawsuit to school districts
- Former state lawmaker Green dies at home at age 62
- 'Get on Up' movie premiers in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi