No injuries reported from fire at Northrop shipyard
PASCAGOULA — Northrop Grumman Corp. says no one was injured when a fire broke out at its Pascagoula shipyard.
The company says the blaze occurred about 7:35 a.m. today and was extinguished by emergency personnel. Northrop Grumman says the area remains evacuated as the cause is investigated.
Company spokesman Bill Glenn told The Mississippi Press that the fire occurred on land and not on a ship. The yard is a major military shipbuilding facility.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Family launches Billups Coffee with headquarters in Oxford
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- ‘Just the beginning’ — Venture Technologies merging, acquiring companies
- Chaney drops lawsuit against National Flood Insurance Program
- Hood joins other AGs in efforts to curb copper theft
- Entergy gives $500K grant to The Nature Conservancy
- Sawtimber, pulpwood markets improving, but challenges remain