No injuries reported from fire at Northrop shipyard
PASCAGOULA — Northrop Grumman Corp. says no one was injured when a fire broke out at its Pascagoula shipyard.
The company says the blaze occurred about 7:35 a.m. today and was extinguished by emergency personnel. Northrop Grumman says the area remains evacuated as the cause is investigated.
Company spokesman Bill Glenn told The Mississippi Press that the fire occurred on land and not on a ship. The yard is a major military shipbuilding facility.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- McDaniel delays decision on whether to appeal dismissal of lawsuit
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- More than a dozen school districts sue state over funding
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Jackson to get C Spire's high-speed internet
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- New York firm buying majority interest in Tupelo mall, shopping center
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force