No injuries reported from fire at Northrop shipyard
PASCAGOULA — Northrop Grumman Corp. says no one was injured when a fire broke out at its Pascagoula shipyard.
The company says the blaze occurred about 7:35 a.m. today and was extinguished by emergency personnel. Northrop Grumman says the area remains evacuated as the cause is investigated.
Company spokesman Bill Glenn told The Mississippi Press that the fire occurred on land and not on a ship. The yard is a major military shipbuilding facility.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Host families prepare for Mississippi Braves’ season
- PHIL HARDWICK: When will Mississippi change its culture?
- Ridgeland property rights tussle is expected to have wide impact
- JOSH MABUS — Mississippi’s Healthcare: Not a quality problem, a marketing problem
- Mississippi takes an incentives licking, keeps on ticking
- (VIDEO) ALAN TURNER: Wilson says he’s ready for elected office
- Bill would open hospital meetings, expand records access
- Choctaws' new hospital nearing completion
- Mississippi furniture makers on rebound with more exports