No injuries reported from fire at Northrop shipyard
PASCAGOULA — Northrop Grumman Corp. says no one was injured when a fire broke out at its Pascagoula shipyard.
The company says the blaze occurred about 7:35 a.m. today and was extinguished by emergency personnel. Northrop Grumman says the area remains evacuated as the cause is investigated.
Company spokesman Bill Glenn told The Mississippi Press that the fire occurred on land and not on a ship. The yard is a major military shipbuilding facility.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Omega Protein shifting vessels to Mississippi
- PSC unanimously rejects Entergy-ITC proposed merger
- Bankrupt Simply Wheelz chooses prevailing bidder for assets
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- Company mulling plan to build new pipeline
- CARTOON — Nobile illustrates Thad Cochran's most significant advantage over the competition
- Judge denies ex-mayor's motion to vacate Katrina-related conviction
- Conservator: Schools had too many employees
- Wiseman retiring after nearly 30 years with Stennis Institute
- Real estate developer to plead guilty to wetlands violation