Churchill Downs finalizes acquisition of Harlow’s
by Associated Press
Published: December 17,2010
GREENVILLE — Churchill Downs of Louisville, Ky., has completed its purchase of a Mississippi casino and hotel for about $138 million.
The company, which owns Churchill Downs in Louisville and three other racetracks, will have a public ceremony today to mark the transfer of ownership of Harlow’s Casino Resort & Hotel in Greenville.
Harlow’s sits on about 69 acres of leased land and includes a 33,000-square-foot casino with 841 slot machines, 23 table games and a poker room as well as a 105-room attached hotel. The complex also has a 2,600-seat entertainment center and three separate dining areas.
Churchill Downs said Harlow’s has approximately 480 employees.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- Justice Department files complaint against tax preparer
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county
- Report: State's emergency care ranks highest in Southeast
- Boyd Gaming reports drop in in-state net revenue
- Union-restricting legislation moves forward
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years