Churchill Downs finalizes acquisition of Harlow’s
by Associated Press
Published: December 17,2010
GREENVILLE — Churchill Downs of Louisville, Ky., has completed its purchase of a Mississippi casino and hotel for about $138 million.
The company, which owns Churchill Downs in Louisville and three other racetracks, will have a public ceremony today to mark the transfer of ownership of Harlow’s Casino Resort & Hotel in Greenville.
Harlow’s sits on about 69 acres of leased land and includes a 33,000-square-foot casino with 841 slot machines, 23 table games and a poker room as well as a 105-room attached hotel. The complex also has a 2,600-seat entertainment center and three separate dining areas.
Churchill Downs said Harlow’s has approximately 480 employees.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Family launches Billups Coffee with headquarters in Oxford
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- ‘Just the beginning’ — Venture Technologies merging, acquiring companies
- Man indicted, accused of bankruptcy fraud
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Grenada native Donna Tartt wins Pulitzer Prize for 'The Goldfinch'
- TODD SMITH — Taco Bell and McDonalds take breakfast war viral; how to write killer news releases and more
- Chaney drops lawsuit against National Flood Insurance Program
- Fight between county, insurer over courthouse fire continues
- Judge to rule on release of Kemper power plant data