Churchill Downs finalizes acquisition of Harlow’s
Published: December 17,2010
GREENVILLE — Churchill Downs of Louisville, Ky., has completed its purchase of a Mississippi casino and hotel for about $138 million.
The company, which owns Churchill Downs in Louisville and three other racetracks, will have a public ceremony today to mark the transfer of ownership of Harlow’s Casino Resort & Hotel in Greenville.
Harlow’s sits on about 69 acres of leased land and includes a 33,000-square-foot casino with 841 slot machines, 23 table games and a poker room as well as a 105-room attached hotel. The complex also has a 2,600-seat entertainment center and three separate dining areas.
Churchill Downs said Harlow’s has approximately 480 employees.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- New Mississippi state highway map is available for the public
- DAVID DALLAS: Who in the Hell are We?
- Tanger Outlets involved in Southaven project
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Ikea confirms plan for Memphis store
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- McCrory joins Epps in asking for trial delay
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Former Lane Furniture plant sold for $1.45 million