Churchill Downs finalizes acquisition of Harlow’s
Published: December 17,2010
GREENVILLE — Churchill Downs of Louisville, Ky., has completed its purchase of a Mississippi casino and hotel for about $138 million.
The company, which owns Churchill Downs in Louisville and three other racetracks, will have a public ceremony today to mark the transfer of ownership of Harlow’s Casino Resort & Hotel in Greenville.
Harlow’s sits on about 69 acres of leased land and includes a 33,000-square-foot casino with 841 slot machines, 23 table games and a poker room as well as a 105-room attached hotel. The complex also has a 2,600-seat entertainment center and three separate dining areas.
Churchill Downs said Harlow’s has approximately 480 employees.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Oxford’s FNC getting new headquarters
- QUIRKY? NO, JERKY — Whatever your craving, Beef Jerky Outlets likely has the flavor among 200+ choices
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Federal charges dropped against Shumate after guilty plea
- Cochran's attorneys argue for dismissal of McDaniel's lawsuit
- ALAN TURNER — The ‘Internet of things’ is focus of Camgian's Gary Butler
- MEMA warns of hottest temperatures of the year
- State’s MAGIC accounting system works, albeit with glitches