Churchill Downs finalizes acquisition of Harlow’s
Published: December 17,2010
GREENVILLE — Churchill Downs of Louisville, Ky., has completed its purchase of a Mississippi casino and hotel for about $138 million.
The company, which owns Churchill Downs in Louisville and three other racetracks, will have a public ceremony today to mark the transfer of ownership of Harlow’s Casino Resort & Hotel in Greenville.
Harlow’s sits on about 69 acres of leased land and includes a 33,000-square-foot casino with 841 slot machines, 23 table games and a poker room as well as a 105-room attached hotel. The complex also has a 2,600-seat entertainment center and three separate dining areas.
Churchill Downs said Harlow’s has approximately 480 employees.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Federal appeals court: State's abortion law is unconstitutional
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again
- Gulf oil rig explosion kills one worker, injures three
- Court hits David Watkins with $600,000 order over Retro Metro issues