Presley’s office scrutinizing wireless retailers
JACKSON — Northern District Public Service Commissioner Brandon Presley announced that his office has begun random checks of wireless phone retailers to ensure compliance with the Consumer Code for Wireless Service.
Designated wireless companies are required, by PSC order, to comply with the code, which provides consumer rights at the point of purchase; such as a 14-day trial period, the availability of a map detailing service and coverage along with eight other rights designed to protect consumers.
“It’s important throughout the year, but particularly here at Christmas time, that customers who are buying products and services from wireless companies be protected and that they know their rights when making these purchases,” Presley said.
“My office… will be making random checks of wireless retailers throughout the 33 counties in North Mississippi to make sure these rules are being followed and that customers are being afforded these rights.”
During the checks, Presley said employees of the PSC might request volunteer interviews with customers who have recently purchased wireless service.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Presley’s office scrutinizing wireless retailers”
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Family launches Billups Coffee with headquarters in Oxford
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- ‘Just the beginning’ — Venture Technologies merging, acquiring companies
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Man indicted, accused of bankruptcy fraud
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Chaney drops lawsuit against National Flood Insurance Program
- Grenada native Donna Tartt wins Pulitzer Prize for 'The Goldfinch'
- Fight between county, insurer over courthouse fire continues
- Judge to rule on release of Kemper power plant data