Alvarez takes group’s highest honor
by MBJ Staff
Published: December 19,2010
Dr. John G. Alvarez, associate professor of Health, Physical Education and Recreation (HPER) at Delta State University, was recently presented the 2010 Honor Award by the Mississippi Association for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance (MAHPERD) during the organization’s state convention held on the Delta State campus.
The Honor Award is the highest award presented to a professional member of MAHPERD.
Alvarez is a 13-year member of the HPER faculty at Delta State and coordinates the Exercise Science concentration preparing students for careers in the allied health fields as well as the fitness industry.
He has served MAHPERD in several capacities including vice president for the General Division, vice president for the Health Division and chair for the Exercise Science Division. He was instrumental in planning and directing the MAHPERD Student Majors Leadership Development Conference for several years. Alvarez continues to serve MAHPERD as part of the 2010 Convention Planning Team.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Drew Brees settles lawsuit alleging investment fraud
- Doctor convicted of using phony church for tax shelter
- Ex-Delta mayor indicted, accused of stealing city property
- Cochran's legal counsel asks Court to toss McDaniel's lawsuit
- Williams-Sonoma expanding, adding nearly 1,000 jobs
- More than half-dozen groups file charter school applications
- Ex-baliff wants pay or her job back after termination
- State Rep. Patterson switches from Democrats to GOP
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015