Alvarez takes group’s highest honor
by MBJ Staff
Published: December 19,2010
Dr. John G. Alvarez, associate professor of Health, Physical Education and Recreation (HPER) at Delta State University, was recently presented the 2010 Honor Award by the Mississippi Association for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance (MAHPERD) during the organization’s state convention held on the Delta State campus.
The Honor Award is the highest award presented to a professional member of MAHPERD.
Alvarez is a 13-year member of the HPER faculty at Delta State and coordinates the Exercise Science concentration preparing students for careers in the allied health fields as well as the fitness industry.
He has served MAHPERD in several capacities including vice president for the General Division, vice president for the Health Division and chair for the Exercise Science Division. He was instrumental in planning and directing the MAHPERD Student Majors Leadership Development Conference for several years. Alvarez continues to serve MAHPERD as part of the 2010 Convention Planning Team.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- Lawmakers debating alternative to Medicaid expansion
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- The First acquiring Alabama bank in cash/stock deal
- Todd Smith's Spin Cycle — Not milk! It’s end of era for milk industry’s iconic ‘Got Milk?’ campaign
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- MBJ's Businesswoman of the Year never expected her career to take this path
- Mississippi ag aviation plays a critical role in production and profitability