Alvarez takes group’s highest honor
by MBJ Staff
Published: December 19,2010
Dr. John G. Alvarez, associate professor of Health, Physical Education and Recreation (HPER) at Delta State University, was recently presented the 2010 Honor Award by the Mississippi Association for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance (MAHPERD) during the organization’s state convention held on the Delta State campus.
The Honor Award is the highest award presented to a professional member of MAHPERD.
Alvarez is a 13-year member of the HPER faculty at Delta State and coordinates the Exercise Science concentration preparing students for careers in the allied health fields as well as the fitness industry.
He has served MAHPERD in several capacities including vice president for the General Division, vice president for the Health Division and chair for the Exercise Science Division. He was instrumental in planning and directing the MAHPERD Student Majors Leadership Development Conference for several years. Alvarez continues to serve MAHPERD as part of the 2010 Convention Planning Team.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- MBJ Business Woman of the Year Top 10
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- (UPDATED — BREAKING NEWS) American Specialty Alloys won’t locate $1.2B mill in Mississippi
- Meet the MBJ's Businesswoman of the Year — Rosemary Smith, a business hotshot
- Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- DAVID DALLAS — Delbert Hosemann: An unsung hero chooses to remain so