Alvarez takes group’s highest honor
by MBJ Staff
Published: December 19,2010
Dr. John G. Alvarez, associate professor of Health, Physical Education and Recreation (HPER) at Delta State University, was recently presented the 2010 Honor Award by the Mississippi Association for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance (MAHPERD) during the organization’s state convention held on the Delta State campus.
The Honor Award is the highest award presented to a professional member of MAHPERD.
Alvarez is a 13-year member of the HPER faculty at Delta State and coordinates the Exercise Science concentration preparing students for careers in the allied health fields as well as the fitness industry.
He has served MAHPERD in several capacities including vice president for the General Division, vice president for the Health Division and chair for the Exercise Science Division. He was instrumental in planning and directing the MAHPERD Student Majors Leadership Development Conference for several years. Alvarez continues to serve MAHPERD as part of the 2010 Convention Planning Team.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Ole Miss chancellor: Talks continue over job status
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Delta Health Alliance CEO Karen Fox under investigation for possible misuse of funds
- Law to bolster utilities’ economic development efforts gets mixed reactions