Alvarez takes group’s highest honor
by MBJ Staff
Published: December 19,2010
Dr. John G. Alvarez, associate professor of Health, Physical Education and Recreation (HPER) at Delta State University, was recently presented the 2010 Honor Award by the Mississippi Association for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance (MAHPERD) during the organization’s state convention held on the Delta State campus.
The Honor Award is the highest award presented to a professional member of MAHPERD.
Alvarez is a 13-year member of the HPER faculty at Delta State and coordinates the Exercise Science concentration preparing students for careers in the allied health fields as well as the fitness industry.
He has served MAHPERD in several capacities including vice president for the General Division, vice president for the Health Division and chair for the Exercise Science Division. He was instrumental in planning and directing the MAHPERD Student Majors Leadership Development Conference for several years. Alvarez continues to serve MAHPERD as part of the 2010 Convention Planning Team.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- PSC unanimously rejects Entergy-ITC proposed merger
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- Company mulling plan to build new pipeline
- Omega Protein shifting vessels to Mississippi
- Conservator: Schools had too many employees
- Study says state sacrificing billions of dollars, 20,000 jobs in refusing Medicaid expansion
- Bankrupt Simply Wheelz chooses prevailing bidder for assets
- Lost Pizza discovered — Restaurateurs begin franchising
- Mars Food to celebrate 35 years in Port City