Barker wins AWHONN award
by MBJ Staff
Published: December 19,2010
Maj. Amber Barker, 81st Inpatient Operations Squadron at Keesler Air Force Base, has received the Association of Women’s Health, Obstetric and Neonatal Nurses 2010 Award of Excellence in Education “for her commitment to educating patients and fellow health-care providers in an effort to improve patient health and the delivery of healthcare.”
The award was presented at the recent AWHONN national convention in Las Vegas.
Barker is maternal child flight nurse manager and element leader. Prior to her current assignment, she served as the nurse manager and obstetrics educator at Wilford Hall Medical Center, Lackland Air Force Base, Texas, the Air Force’s largest and busiest labor and delivery unit.
Following her service in Iraq, Barker has been a regular speaker for a course educating nurses about self-care and nursing care in a combat zone.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Baker Donelson's David A. Rueff Jr. co-authors guide
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects