Barker wins AWHONN award
by MBJ Staff
Published: December 19,2010
Maj. Amber Barker, 81st Inpatient Operations Squadron at Keesler Air Force Base, has received the Association of Women’s Health, Obstetric and Neonatal Nurses 2010 Award of Excellence in Education “for her commitment to educating patients and fellow health-care providers in an effort to improve patient health and the delivery of healthcare.”
The award was presented at the recent AWHONN national convention in Las Vegas.
Barker is maternal child flight nurse manager and element leader. Prior to her current assignment, she served as the nurse manager and obstetrics educator at Wilford Hall Medical Center, Lackland Air Force Base, Texas, the Air Force’s largest and busiest labor and delivery unit.
Following her service in Iraq, Barker has been a regular speaker for a course educating nurses about self-care and nursing care in a combat zone.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Tax slasher productions comes to Mississippi
- Status of some bills in the Mississippi Legislature
- Proposed ammo ban empties shelves
- Locker doors opening for Clinton inventor after ‘Shark Tank’
- BILL CRAWFORD: Gunn steals tax cut spotlight
- Columbus-built Airbus gets FAA airworthiness approval
- Bill would make only 1 hospital follow open-meetings act
- Hattiesburg wastewater treatment system could cost $152M
- (UPDATED — BREAKING NEWS) American Specialty Alloys won’t locate $1.2B mill in Mississippi