Barker wins AWHONN award
by MBJ Staff
Published: December 19,2010
Maj. Amber Barker, 81st Inpatient Operations Squadron at Keesler Air Force Base, has received the Association of Women’s Health, Obstetric and Neonatal Nurses 2010 Award of Excellence in Education “for her commitment to educating patients and fellow health-care providers in an effort to improve patient health and the delivery of healthcare.”
The award was presented at the recent AWHONN national convention in Las Vegas.
Barker is maternal child flight nurse manager and element leader. Prior to her current assignment, she served as the nurse manager and obstetrics educator at Wilford Hall Medical Center, Lackland Air Force Base, Texas, the Air Force’s largest and busiest labor and delivery unit.
Following her service in Iraq, Barker has been a regular speaker for a course educating nurses about self-care and nursing care in a combat zone.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson
- PHIL HARDWICK: The third grade reading gate, book buddies and school principals
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- TRANSITION AT THE MDA — Is Mississippi better off than it was 3 years ago?
- College Board names Glenn Boyce as higher education chief
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years