Barker wins AWHONN award
by MBJ Staff
Published: December 19,2010
Maj. Amber Barker, 81st Inpatient Operations Squadron at Keesler Air Force Base, has received the Association of Women’s Health, Obstetric and Neonatal Nurses 2010 Award of Excellence in Education “for her commitment to educating patients and fellow health-care providers in an effort to improve patient health and the delivery of healthcare.”
The award was presented at the recent AWHONN national convention in Las Vegas.
Barker is maternal child flight nurse manager and element leader. Prior to her current assignment, she served as the nurse manager and obstetrics educator at Wilford Hall Medical Center, Lackland Air Force Base, Texas, the Air Force’s largest and busiest labor and delivery unit.
Following her service in Iraq, Barker has been a regular speaker for a course educating nurses about self-care and nursing care in a combat zone.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- Analysts hail BancorpSouth stock buyback as ‘handsome’ reward for shareholders
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- 'Blue Economy' important for Mississippi's future
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today