Barker wins AWHONN award
by MBJ Staff
Published: December 19,2010
Maj. Amber Barker, 81st Inpatient Operations Squadron at Keesler Air Force Base, has received the Association of Women’s Health, Obstetric and Neonatal Nurses 2010 Award of Excellence in Education “for her commitment to educating patients and fellow health-care providers in an effort to improve patient health and the delivery of healthcare.”
The award was presented at the recent AWHONN national convention in Las Vegas.
Barker is maternal child flight nurse manager and element leader. Prior to her current assignment, she served as the nurse manager and obstetrics educator at Wilford Hall Medical Center, Lackland Air Force Base, Texas, the Air Force’s largest and busiest labor and delivery unit.
Following her service in Iraq, Barker has been a regular speaker for a course educating nurses about self-care and nursing care in a combat zone.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- Justice Department files complaint against tax preparer
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county
- Report: State's emergency care ranks highest in Southeast
- Boyd Gaming reports drop in in-state net revenue
- Crowded field lines up for Jackson mayoral election
- Another fiberhood qualifies for C Spire 1-gigabit Internet service
- Union-restricting legislation moves forward