Coll leading USM’s communications
by MBJ Staff
Published: December 19,2010
University of Southern Mississippi president Martha Saunders announced the restructuring of the institution’s Office of Communications, including the hiring of Jim Coll as chief communications officer.
Coll will lead a staff featuring a seven-person executive communication team. Also on the team are Jana Bryant, who will guide the university’s social media strategy; Melanie Gardner, who will continue to manage the institution’s marketing efforts; Geoff LoCicero, who will continue to lead the university’s web services team; Lynn McCarver, who will continue to direct the institution’s printing and creative services; Beth Taylor, who will continue to serve as the university’s point person for media relations and information; and, Shelia White, who will continue to manage the communication needs of Southern Miss Gulf Coast.
Coll is a double graduate of USM, most recently earning a master’s degree in mass communication in 2006. He has been part of the Southern Miss Alumni Association’s staff since Oct. 2004, serving as associate director for external affairs and previously as assistant director for communications.
Prior to working with the Alumni Association, Coll served in a number of roles as a newspaper journalist, including as managing editor for publications produced by Pittman Communications.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- JACK WEATHERLY: Finding a house, defending a neighborhood, finding a voice
- Top 40 Under 40
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- MDA to close all its regional offices
- Top 40 Under 40 (digital magazine)