Coll leading USM’s communications
by MBJ Staff
Published: December 19,2010
University of Southern Mississippi president Martha Saunders announced the restructuring of the institution’s Office of Communications, including the hiring of Jim Coll as chief communications officer.
Coll will lead a staff featuring a seven-person executive communication team. Also on the team are Jana Bryant, who will guide the university’s social media strategy; Melanie Gardner, who will continue to manage the institution’s marketing efforts; Geoff LoCicero, who will continue to lead the university’s web services team; Lynn McCarver, who will continue to direct the institution’s printing and creative services; Beth Taylor, who will continue to serve as the university’s point person for media relations and information; and, Shelia White, who will continue to manage the communication needs of Southern Miss Gulf Coast.
Coll is a double graduate of USM, most recently earning a master’s degree in mass communication in 2006. He has been part of the Southern Miss Alumni Association’s staff since Oct. 2004, serving as associate director for external affairs and previously as assistant director for communications.
Prior to working with the Alumni Association, Coll served in a number of roles as a newspaper journalist, including as managing editor for publications produced by Pittman Communications.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Realtors chooses Nita Wingard
- MSU reminding fans that drones are prohibited at football games
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk
- No debate, but Cochran and Childers lobby for votes for Senate
- Entergy agrees to cut $35M from its new rate plan
- Ford Foundation gives to UM for new science building
- Kemper County plant will cost at least another $496M to complete