Coll leading USM’s communications
by MBJ Staff
Published: December 19,2010
University of Southern Mississippi president Martha Saunders announced the restructuring of the institution’s Office of Communications, including the hiring of Jim Coll as chief communications officer.
Coll will lead a staff featuring a seven-person executive communication team. Also on the team are Jana Bryant, who will guide the university’s social media strategy; Melanie Gardner, who will continue to manage the institution’s marketing efforts; Geoff LoCicero, who will continue to lead the university’s web services team; Lynn McCarver, who will continue to direct the institution’s printing and creative services; Beth Taylor, who will continue to serve as the university’s point person for media relations and information; and, Shelia White, who will continue to manage the communication needs of Southern Miss Gulf Coast.
Coll is a double graduate of USM, most recently earning a master’s degree in mass communication in 2006. He has been part of the Southern Miss Alumni Association’s staff since Oct. 2004, serving as associate director for external affairs and previously as assistant director for communications.
Prior to working with the Alumni Association, Coll served in a number of roles as a newspaper journalist, including as managing editor for publications produced by Pittman Communications.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Baker Donelson's David A. Rueff Jr. co-authors guide
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects