Harper to serve on Energy Committee
Republican U.S. Rep. Gregg Harper of Mississippi is poised to serve next term on the House Energy and Commerce Committee. Harper’s office says the House Republicans’ steering committee nominated him Dec. 9 for the post. The Republican leadership of the House is expected to accept the group’s recommendations for committee assignments.
Harper begins his second, two-year term in January, when Republicans become the majority party.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- ANITA MODAK-TRURAN — Mississippi’s motion picture renaissance
- Jackson’s Landmark Center slated for mixed-use conversion
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Race to the pump: Feds appear ready to beat state on new gas taxes
- Senate transportation chair seeks emergency money for roads, bridges
- 3 dozen groups OK'd for Miss. specialty car tags
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Challenging times ahead for Pearl’s manufactured home residents, apartment complex owners
- Irby commits suicide after wife's prison release