Harper to serve on Energy Committee
Republican U.S. Rep. Gregg Harper of Mississippi is poised to serve next term on the House Energy and Commerce Committee. Harper’s office says the House Republicans’ steering committee nominated him Dec. 9 for the post. The Republican leadership of the House is expected to accept the group’s recommendations for committee assignments.
Harper begins his second, two-year term in January, when Republicans become the majority party.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- JACK WEATHERLY: Finding a house, defending a neighborhood, finding a voice
- Top 40 Under 40
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- MDA to close all its regional offices
- Top 40 Under 40 (digital magazine)