Harper to serve on Energy Committee
Republican U.S. Rep. Gregg Harper of Mississippi is poised to serve next term on the House Energy and Commerce Committee. Harper’s office says the House Republicans’ steering committee nominated him Dec. 9 for the post. The Republican leadership of the House is expected to accept the group’s recommendations for committee assignments.
Harper begins his second, two-year term in January, when Republicans become the majority party.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Click Boutique revives Hattiesburg downtown retail district
- Mississippi Power CEO's departure due to withholding Kemper information from regulators
- Hosemann revels in victory over Court's redistricting ruling
- LNG facility hoping to begin exporting natural gas
- Nullification and interposition
- Tenn. company makes unspecified offer to lease hospital
- Airport's food irradiation business could create new jobs
- In wake of bond issue failure, golf course fights to stay playable