Harper to serve on Energy Committee
Republican U.S. Rep. Gregg Harper of Mississippi is poised to serve next term on the House Energy and Commerce Committee. Harper’s office says the House Republicans’ steering committee nominated him Dec. 9 for the post. The Republican leadership of the House is expected to accept the group’s recommendations for committee assignments.
Harper begins his second, two-year term in January, when Republicans become the majority party.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- R.J. Allen ranked as fastest-growing company in Mississippi
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- Senate election ballot approved as McDaniel's challenge continues
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- DAVID DALLAS — Mississippi needs one university
- Judge moves McDaniel's lawsuit challenging loss to Cochran
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Inspectors find 'hot work' was cause of fatal explosion at fish plant
- Ground broken for new Hattiesburg Clinic facility