Harper to serve on Energy Committee
Republican U.S. Rep. Gregg Harper of Mississippi is poised to serve next term on the House Energy and Commerce Committee. Harper’s office says the House Republicans’ steering committee nominated him Dec. 9 for the post. The Republican leadership of the House is expected to accept the group’s recommendations for committee assignments.
Harper begins his second, two-year term in January, when Republicans become the majority party.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- Law to bolster utilities’ economic development efforts gets mixed reactions
- Lawmakers: Time to raze IHL
- Developers withdraw zoning application for former country club
- DAVID WILLIAMS: Smart traffic signals pave way for better driving in connected world
- Rhythm & Blues Hall of Fame planning gets underway
- Office occupancy edged up throughout Metro Jackson