AirTran discontinuing Coast flights in March
by Associated Press
Published: December 21,2010
GULFPORT — AirTran Airways has announced that it is ending its flights to Gulfport-Biloxi International Airport.
Christopher White, an AirTran spokesman, tells The Sun Herald that flights will end March 6.
The low-fare airline offers flights from Gulfport to Atlanta and Tampa, Fla., three times a week.
White says the airline looked at the performance at the Gulfport airport and decided it could no longer support the flights.
Jeremiah Gerald, director of air service and business development at the airport, says the business community wasn’t able to come up with enough money to keep the airline.
He says Gulfport-Biloxi has a couple of perspective offers from other airlines looking to step in and fill the void that AirTran will leave.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- School superintendent terminated after party funds, travel questions
- Accounting firm finds problems at troubled MDMR
- Hosemann recruiting Realtors to market tax-forfeited property
- Airline announces new service at Oxford
- Telepak strikes another branding deal with C Spire
- Woman indicted for Medicaid fraud; faces up to 35 years in prison
- Report: State's teacher education programs 'mediocre at best'
- C Spire launches new WiFi On app for Android-powered phones
- Davis resigns, turning over mayor's office early