AirTran discontinuing Coast flights in March
Published: December 21,2010
GULFPORT — AirTran Airways has announced that it is ending its flights to Gulfport-Biloxi International Airport.
Christopher White, an AirTran spokesman, tells The Sun Herald that flights will end March 6.
The low-fare airline offers flights from Gulfport to Atlanta and Tampa, Fla., three times a week.
White says the airline looked at the performance at the Gulfport airport and decided it could no longer support the flights.
Jeremiah Gerald, director of air service and business development at the airport, says the business community wasn’t able to come up with enough money to keep the airline.
He says Gulfport-Biloxi has a couple of perspective offers from other airlines looking to step in and fill the void that AirTran will leave.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Thousands of acres of Delta farmland to go on auction block
- Former Godwin CEO Danny Mitchell dies at 66
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- Board files suit against VA over release of patients' names
- Gov. Bryant sets special election date for Senate District 17
- Northrop Grumman lands $354M Air Force contract for Global Hawks
- Mississippi sounds coming to Americana Music Festival & Conference
- City trying to determine who has authority to spend gaming money