AirTran discontinuing Coast flights in March
Published: December 21,2010
GULFPORT — AirTran Airways has announced that it is ending its flights to Gulfport-Biloxi International Airport.
Christopher White, an AirTran spokesman, tells The Sun Herald that flights will end March 6.
The low-fare airline offers flights from Gulfport to Atlanta and Tampa, Fla., three times a week.
White says the airline looked at the performance at the Gulfport airport and decided it could no longer support the flights.
Jeremiah Gerald, director of air service and business development at the airport, says the business community wasn’t able to come up with enough money to keep the airline.
He says Gulfport-Biloxi has a couple of perspective offers from other airlines looking to step in and fill the void that AirTran will leave.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Judge gets more time to fight efforts to remove him from office
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- Coast cleanup nets 1,600 bags of trash — and a watermelon patch
- State's bad bridges continue to raise concerns among officials
- Number of visitors to Natchez Trace makes big jump
- Epidemiologist: State's hospitals can identify, isolate Ebola cases
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics