AirTran discontinuing Coast flights in March
Published: December 21,2010
GULFPORT — AirTran Airways has announced that it is ending its flights to Gulfport-Biloxi International Airport.
Christopher White, an AirTran spokesman, tells The Sun Herald that flights will end March 6.
The low-fare airline offers flights from Gulfport to Atlanta and Tampa, Fla., three times a week.
White says the airline looked at the performance at the Gulfport airport and decided it could no longer support the flights.
Jeremiah Gerald, director of air service and business development at the airport, says the business community wasn’t able to come up with enough money to keep the airline.
He says Gulfport-Biloxi has a couple of perspective offers from other airlines looking to step in and fill the void that AirTran will leave.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Walker sentenced to 18 months for fraud, conspiracy
- Manning family establishes health care initiative at UMMC
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use
- Communities awarded national Main Street accreditation