AirTran discontinuing Coast flights in March
Published: December 21,2010
GULFPORT — AirTran Airways has announced that it is ending its flights to Gulfport-Biloxi International Airport.
Christopher White, an AirTran spokesman, tells The Sun Herald that flights will end March 6.
The low-fare airline offers flights from Gulfport to Atlanta and Tampa, Fla., three times a week.
White says the airline looked at the performance at the Gulfport airport and decided it could no longer support the flights.
Jeremiah Gerald, director of air service and business development at the airport, says the business community wasn’t able to come up with enough money to keep the airline.
He says Gulfport-Biloxi has a couple of perspective offers from other airlines looking to step in and fill the void that AirTran will leave.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal