Bok Homa Casino opens with Newton, parachuting Santas
Published: December 21,2010
SANDERSVILLE — Las Vegas entertainer Wayne Newton and five parachuting Santas have helped open a new casino in rural Mississippi.
The Bok Homa Casino is owned and operated by the Mississippi Band of Choctaw Indians. The gambling hall is on tribal land in the woods of Jones County, in the south central part of the state.
About 400 people lined up outside before yesterday’s opening ceremony. The casino is about the size of a large suburban grocery store and does not have glitzy lights outside.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image