Partners break ground for second Shaggy’s
BILOXI — Partners Ron Ladner and Thomas Genin, owners of French Charley’s Café & Wine Bar, and Shaggy’s Harbor Bar & Grill in Pass Christian, announced their expansion of Shaggy’s Harbor Bar & Grill to Biloxi Beach. The second Shaggy’s will be 1763 Beach Boulevard, the former site of the Ruby Tuesday’s.
The partners broke ground for “Shaggy’s II” in Biloxi Dec. 18.
“We have been working on Shaggy’s II for well over a year now, but the oil spill interrupted our first effort,” said Ladner. “The stars really need to line up to do a ground up development in this environment. Since we design, develop, build and operate the restaurants ourselves, we have a much better chance at overcoming the many development obstacles the we now face.”
The original Shaggy’s Harbor Bar & Grill is located in Pass Christian and was developed by Genin and Ladner in the spring of 2007. Shaggy’s was the first non-casino restaurant built south of Beach Boulevard after Hurricane Katrina.
The new building will be very similar to the one in Pass Christian, but will be about 35 percent larger.
Ladner said, “We plan to open in the spring of next year. We opened French Charley’s last year five months after breaking ground. This building is less complicated and should go even faster.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Family launches Billups Coffee with headquarters in Oxford
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- ‘Just the beginning’ — Venture Technologies merging, acquiring companies
- Man indicted, accused of bankruptcy fraud
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Grenada native Donna Tartt wins Pulitzer Prize for 'The Goldfinch'
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- TODD SMITH — Taco Bell and McDonalds take breakfast war viral; how to write killer news releases and more
- Fight between county, insurer over courthouse fire continues
- Judge to rule on release of Kemper power plant data