Partners break ground for second Shaggy’s
BILOXI — Partners Ron Ladner and Thomas Genin, owners of French Charley’s Café & Wine Bar, and Shaggy’s Harbor Bar & Grill in Pass Christian, announced their expansion of Shaggy’s Harbor Bar & Grill to Biloxi Beach. The second Shaggy’s will be 1763 Beach Boulevard, the former site of the Ruby Tuesday’s.
The partners broke ground for “Shaggy’s II” in Biloxi Dec. 18.
“We have been working on Shaggy’s II for well over a year now, but the oil spill interrupted our first effort,” said Ladner. “The stars really need to line up to do a ground up development in this environment. Since we design, develop, build and operate the restaurants ourselves, we have a much better chance at overcoming the many development obstacles the we now face.”
The original Shaggy’s Harbor Bar & Grill is located in Pass Christian and was developed by Genin and Ladner in the spring of 2007. Shaggy’s was the first non-casino restaurant built south of Beach Boulevard after Hurricane Katrina.
The new building will be very similar to the one in Pass Christian, but will be about 35 percent larger.
Ladner said, “We plan to open in the spring of next year. We opened French Charley’s last year five months after breaking ground. This building is less complicated and should go even faster.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- Delta Health Alliance CEO Karen Fox under investigation for possible misuse of funds
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Ole Miss chancellor: Talks continue over job status
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur