Seven casino golf courses make national ranking
Published: December 22,2010
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — According to the Mississippi Development Authority (MDA) Division of Tourism, seven golf courses in the state have been voted onto Golfweek’s “50 Best Casino Courses” list.
The seven courses – in order of rank – are: Fallen Oak Golf Club (second); Dancing Rabbit Golf Club’s Azaleas Course (18th); Grand Bear Golf Club (23rd); The Preserve Golf Club (39th); Shell Landing (40th); Dancing Rabbit Golf Club’s Oaks Course (43rd); and, The Bridges Golf Club (48th)
This is the fifth year Golfweek has conducted its casino course rankings. To produce the list, the magazine sends out a nationwide team of more than 600 course raters to survey more than 2,200 courses on the basis of 10 criteria, including routing, conditioning, variety and memorability of holes.
Mississippi and Nevada had the second-most courses on the list with seven, following Arizona, which led the way with eight. Overall, 17 different states are represented on the list.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Oxford’s FNC getting new headquarters
- Judge intends to rule on McDaniel's challenge before general election
- QUIRKY? NO, JERKY — Whatever your craving, Beef Jerky Outlets likely has the flavor among 200+ choices
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- (UPDATE) I-20 partially closed as vehicle carrying hazardous materials burns
- Coast family wins $644K in tideland lawsuit against state
- Corps official: River needs larger ports, locks and dams
- C Spire, UM installing Wi-Fi network at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium
- Community Bank, Pinnacle Trust ink new agreement