Meridian hires lobbyists to work in D.C.
MERIDIAN — The city of Meridian has hired a lobbying firm to represent its interests in Washington.
Former U.S. Sen. Trent Lott is a senior counsel for Patton Boggs LLC, based in Washington. Patton Boggs acquired the Breaux-Lott Leadership Group in July.
The Meridian City Council approved the contract this week.
Mayor Cheri Barry tells The Meridian Star that’s important for the city to have a dedicated team of people in their corner fighting for the well being of Meridian.
The one-year contract with Patton Boggs LLC is worth $120,000.
Barry says that while congressmen have having helped Meridian in the past, they have to spread their energy among many different people, towns and districts.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Tyler Raborn finds success and fulfillment with Raborn Media
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Manning family establishes health care initiative at UMMC
- Walker sentenced to 18 months for fraud, conspiracy
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge