Meridian hires lobbyists to work in D.C.
MERIDIAN — The city of Meridian has hired a lobbying firm to represent its interests in Washington.
Former U.S. Sen. Trent Lott is a senior counsel for Patton Boggs LLC, based in Washington. Patton Boggs acquired the Breaux-Lott Leadership Group in July.
The Meridian City Council approved the contract this week.
Mayor Cheri Barry tells The Meridian Star that’s important for the city to have a dedicated team of people in their corner fighting for the well being of Meridian.
The one-year contract with Patton Boggs LLC is worth $120,000.
Barry says that while congressmen have having helped Meridian in the past, they have to spread their energy among many different people, towns and districts.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- QUIRKY? NO, JERKY — Whatever your craving, Beef Jerky Outlets likely has the flavor among 200+ choices
- Oxford’s FNC getting new headquarters
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — State roots key to Edge Theory's Joe Stradinger
- ALAN TURNER — The ‘Internet of things’ is focus of Camgian's Gary Butler
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Cochran's attorneys argue for dismissal of McDaniel's lawsuit
- Federal charges dropped against Shumate after guilty plea
- MEMA warns of hottest temperatures of the year