Meridian hires lobbyists to work in D.C.
MERIDIAN — The city of Meridian has hired a lobbying firm to represent its interests in Washington.
Former U.S. Sen. Trent Lott is a senior counsel for Patton Boggs LLC, based in Washington. Patton Boggs acquired the Breaux-Lott Leadership Group in July.
The Meridian City Council approved the contract this week.
Mayor Cheri Barry tells The Meridian Star that’s important for the city to have a dedicated team of people in their corner fighting for the well being of Meridian.
The one-year contract with Patton Boggs LLC is worth $120,000.
Barry says that while congressmen have having helped Meridian in the past, they have to spread their energy among many different people, towns and districts.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics