Meridian hires lobbyists to work in D.C.
MERIDIAN — The city of Meridian has hired a lobbying firm to represent its interests in Washington.
Former U.S. Sen. Trent Lott is a senior counsel for Patton Boggs LLC, based in Washington. Patton Boggs acquired the Breaux-Lott Leadership Group in July.
The Meridian City Council approved the contract this week.
Mayor Cheri Barry tells The Meridian Star that’s important for the city to have a dedicated team of people in their corner fighting for the well being of Meridian.
The one-year contract with Patton Boggs LLC is worth $120,000.
Barry says that while congressmen have having helped Meridian in the past, they have to spread their energy among many different people, towns and districts.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Thousands of acres of Delta farmland to go on auction block
- CSpire offering 1Phone 6, IPhone 6 Plus on Sept. 19
- Board files suit against VA over release of patients' names
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Mississippi sounds coming to Americana Music Festival & Conference
- MBJ's Business Marketplace set for Sept. 19 at Mississippi's Trade Mart
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- State's corn crop could set new yield record
- Owner of former hospital given deadline