Meridian hires lobbyists to work in D.C.
MERIDIAN — The city of Meridian has hired a lobbying firm to represent its interests in Washington.
Former U.S. Sen. Trent Lott is a senior counsel for Patton Boggs LLC, based in Washington. Patton Boggs acquired the Breaux-Lott Leadership Group in July.
The Meridian City Council approved the contract this week.
Mayor Cheri Barry tells The Meridian Star that’s important for the city to have a dedicated team of people in their corner fighting for the well being of Meridian.
The one-year contract with Patton Boggs LLC is worth $120,000.
Barry says that while congressmen have having helped Meridian in the past, they have to spread their energy among many different people, towns and districts.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- Law to bolster utilities’ economic development efforts gets mixed reactions
- Lawmakers: Time to raze IHL
- Developers withdraw zoning application for former country club
- Rhythm & Blues Hall of Fame planning gets underway
- DAVID WILLIAMS: Smart traffic signals pave way for better driving in connected world
- Office occupancy edged up throughout Metro Jackson