Meridian hires lobbyists to work in D.C.
MERIDIAN — The city of Meridian has hired a lobbying firm to represent its interests in Washington.
Former U.S. Sen. Trent Lott is a senior counsel for Patton Boggs LLC, based in Washington. Patton Boggs acquired the Breaux-Lott Leadership Group in July.
The Meridian City Council approved the contract this week.
Mayor Cheri Barry tells The Meridian Star that’s important for the city to have a dedicated team of people in their corner fighting for the well being of Meridian.
The one-year contract with Patton Boggs LLC is worth $120,000.
Barry says that while congressmen have having helped Meridian in the past, they have to spread their energy among many different people, towns and districts.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Lawmakers debating alternative to Medicaid expansion
- UPDATED: House subcommittee tosses discrimination elements from religious freedom bill
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute