Graham named president of MGCCC
by MBJ Staff
Published: December 26,2010
The trustees of Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College (MGCCC) have unanimously named Dr. Mary S. Graham as the 12th president to lead the college. Her appointment becomes effective July 1, 2011.
After serving as president since 1998, Dr. Willis H. Lott announced earlier this year his retirement, effective June 30, 2011.
A native of Mississippi, Graham earned her Ph.D. in higher education administration from the University of Southern Mississippi (USM), her master’s and bachelor’s degrees are from USM, as well. According to MGCCC, Graham has experience in master planning, leadership development, budget management, credit and noncredit instruction, public relations, legislative advocacy, human resources, residential student life, athletic and marching band programs.
Graham says, “I am honored to be the next president of Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College and will strive to fulfill the commitment of making a positive difference in people’s lives every day. I look forward to working with the great employees of the college and to leading our world-class institution.”
Since beginning her career in 1987 on the Jackson County Campus of MGCCC, she has held several administrative positions within the college including director of admissions/registrar, director of institutional relations and vice president of community campus. She also served as the vice president of the Perkinston Campus for the past 13 years.
Lott said, “I asked the board to look for the best president that this institution has ever had so that the great work we have begun will continue. I believe that the board of trustees has named the right person in Dr. Mary Graham.”
Graham is married to Wayne Graham, and they have three children – Sarah, Michael and Anna.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- Tallahatchie General’s listing on auditor’s ‘watchline’ an image set back, CEO says
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- Kelly Boutwell added, Jason Word promoted at MEC
- Ex-city worker arrested on false pretense charge
- Cotton to take center stage during MSU summit
- BRENT CHRISTENSEN — Entrepreneurs: A vital fuel for Mississippi’s Economy