Weatherford named best volunteer
by MBJ Staff
Published: December 26,2010
Delta Regional Medical Center (DRMC) volunteer Deanna Weatherford received the 2010 Mississippi Hospital Association (MHA) Volunteer of the Year Award at the MHA Society of Hospital Auxiliaries and Volunteers Conference in Jackson. Weatherford has been a member of the Delta Regional Auxiliary since May 2004, and volunteers every Friday in DRMC’s Patient Access Services Department.
In addition to her weekly volunteer assignment, Weatherford is DRMC’s single-person calling committee. She takes it upon herself each and every month to call all of the Auxiliary members to remind them of monthly meetings and of other special events. Additionally, she is always willing to take on additional responsibilities within the organization such as working our fundraising events, volunteering at outreach events for DRMC or working on special projects the Auxiliary takes on throughout the year.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- A BIG CHANGE: New mortgage rules seen bringing increase in pricey mobile home loans
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Hunting-weapons legislation passes House
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years