Weatherford named best volunteer
by MBJ Staff
Published: December 26,2010
Delta Regional Medical Center (DRMC) volunteer Deanna Weatherford received the 2010 Mississippi Hospital Association (MHA) Volunteer of the Year Award at the MHA Society of Hospital Auxiliaries and Volunteers Conference in Jackson. Weatherford has been a member of the Delta Regional Auxiliary since May 2004, and volunteers every Friday in DRMC’s Patient Access Services Department.
In addition to her weekly volunteer assignment, Weatherford is DRMC’s single-person calling committee. She takes it upon herself each and every month to call all of the Auxiliary members to remind them of monthly meetings and of other special events. Additionally, she is always willing to take on additional responsibilities within the organization such as working our fundraising events, volunteering at outreach events for DRMC or working on special projects the Auxiliary takes on throughout the year.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Host families prepare for Mississippi Braves’ season
- PHIL HARDWICK: When will Mississippi change its culture?
- Ridgeland property rights tussle is expected to have wide impact
- JOSH MABUS — Mississippi’s Healthcare: Not a quality problem, a marketing problem
- Mississippi takes an incentives licking, keeps on ticking
- (VIDEO) ALAN TURNER: Wilson says he’s ready for elected office
- Choctaws' new hospital nearing completion
- Bill would open hospital meetings, expand records access
- Mississippi furniture makers on rebound with more exports