Anderson Regional completes purchase of Riley
Published: December 28,2010
MERIDIAN — Anderson Regional Medical Center has completed its purchase of Riley Hospital from Health Management Associates Inc.
Both hospitals are located in Meridian. Terms of the purchase were not released yesterday.
Anderson president/CEO L. Ray Humphreys says the acquisition is expected to be finalized by Jan. 1 and Anderson will take ownership of substantially all of the assets of Riley Hospital.
Humphreys says the acquisition will add 140 licensed beds, making Anderson Regional a 400-bed facility.
He says Anderson also will add programs including long-term acute care, wound care, inpatient rehabilitation, a pain management center and enhanced obstetrics services.
The Mississippi Department of Health would have to sign off on the deal.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division