Anderson Regional completes purchase of Riley
Published: December 28,2010
MERIDIAN — Anderson Regional Medical Center has completed its purchase of Riley Hospital from Health Management Associates Inc.
Both hospitals are located in Meridian. Terms of the purchase were not released yesterday.
Anderson president/CEO L. Ray Humphreys says the acquisition is expected to be finalized by Jan. 1 and Anderson will take ownership of substantially all of the assets of Riley Hospital.
Humphreys says the acquisition will add 140 licensed beds, making Anderson Regional a 400-bed facility.
He says Anderson also will add programs including long-term acute care, wound care, inpatient rehabilitation, a pain management center and enhanced obstetrics services.
The Mississippi Department of Health would have to sign off on the deal.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- A BIG CHANGE: New mortgage rules seen bringing increase in pricey mobile home loans
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Hunting-weapons legislation passes House
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years