Anderson Regional completes purchase of Riley
Published: December 28,2010
MERIDIAN — Anderson Regional Medical Center has completed its purchase of Riley Hospital from Health Management Associates Inc.
Both hospitals are located in Meridian. Terms of the purchase were not released yesterday.
Anderson president/CEO L. Ray Humphreys says the acquisition is expected to be finalized by Jan. 1 and Anderson will take ownership of substantially all of the assets of Riley Hospital.
Humphreys says the acquisition will add 140 licensed beds, making Anderson Regional a 400-bed facility.
He says Anderson also will add programs including long-term acute care, wound care, inpatient rehabilitation, a pain management center and enhanced obstetrics services.
The Mississippi Department of Health would have to sign off on the deal.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Gulf oil and gas leases to go up for sale in March
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- Airport gets grant to support seasonal service from Sun Country
- State officials identify first flu case this season
- STAYING POSITIVE — Career attitude help Brynn Joachim to fight disease at 41