Anderson Regional completes purchase of Riley
Published: December 28,2010
MERIDIAN — Anderson Regional Medical Center has completed its purchase of Riley Hospital from Health Management Associates Inc.
Both hospitals are located in Meridian. Terms of the purchase were not released yesterday.
Anderson president/CEO L. Ray Humphreys says the acquisition is expected to be finalized by Jan. 1 and Anderson will take ownership of substantially all of the assets of Riley Hospital.
Humphreys says the acquisition will add 140 licensed beds, making Anderson Regional a 400-bed facility.
He says Anderson also will add programs including long-term acute care, wound care, inpatient rehabilitation, a pain management center and enhanced obstetrics services.
The Mississippi Department of Health would have to sign off on the deal.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)
- PHIL HARDWICK: The third grade reading gate, book buddies and school principals
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- TRANSITION AT THE MDA — Is Mississippi better off than it was 3 years ago?
- College Board names Glenn Boyce as higher education chief
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- THE SPIN CYCLE — Key results from Pew’s social media survey