Anderson Regional completes purchase of Riley
Published: December 28,2010
MERIDIAN — Anderson Regional Medical Center has completed its purchase of Riley Hospital from Health Management Associates Inc.
Both hospitals are located in Meridian. Terms of the purchase were not released yesterday.
Anderson president/CEO L. Ray Humphreys says the acquisition is expected to be finalized by Jan. 1 and Anderson will take ownership of substantially all of the assets of Riley Hospital.
Humphreys says the acquisition will add 140 licensed beds, making Anderson Regional a 400-bed facility.
He says Anderson also will add programs including long-term acute care, wound care, inpatient rehabilitation, a pain management center and enhanced obstetrics services.
The Mississippi Department of Health would have to sign off on the deal.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal